Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Matt Leinart

Default Matt Leinart

Somebody had to start a thread on him eventually. ESPN.com has an article that claims the Cardinals are taking calls about him from other teams.

There is obviously a connection since Haley was once his OC, and it's never a bad idea to improve your depth at QB. If Cassell turns out not to be our guy, or if he gets injured, where are we going to turn. As much as I like Brodie, everybody knows we would be lucky to get through one game without him being injured.

I have always felt like Leinart could be a star QB if he was ever given a real chance to become a full-time starter. He has been better than Anderson statistically, but rumor has it that his teammates just don't believe in Leinart and so Anderson is going to be the starter. Something tells me that Leinart is now highly motivated to prove his teammates and critics wrong, and he is going to go somewhere and do good things. A motivated QB with Leinart's talent and a fresh start could be scary good.

I just wonder who Todd Haley would put in if the game came down to the line and something happened to Cassel, would he put in Brodie since he knows the offense better? Or would he put in Matt Leinart because he actually has some wins as an NFL starter.

Resident Celebrity

This would be a monumental mistake! I think Haley knows this as well.

I wish we had drafted a 3rd stringer to develop in the late rounds or maybe picked up an undrafted QB, but we do only have 2 QBs now, so I'd be fine with picking him up for the minimum.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Leinart will likely never come here. He wants and thinks he should start. Carring a clipboard and water bottles for cassel and brokie wont cut it.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    Leinart will likely never come here. He wants and thinks he should start. Carring a clipboard and water bottles for cassel and brokie wont cut it.
    That would be true if Leinart had a choice in the matter, and no team is going to sign him as their immediate starter.

If the rumors are true that he was a little too spoiled to put in the necessary work to be the starter, I imagine Haley wants nothing to do with him and probably realized that a couple of years ago.

It might be interesting to see what Haley's position on him was when they drafted him...
    Resident Ambassador!

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    That would be true if Leinart had a choice in the matter, and no team is going to sign him as their immediate starter.

If the rumors are true that he was a little too spoiled to put in the necessary work to be the starter, I imagine Haley wants nothing to do with him and probably realized that a couple of years ago.

It might be interesting to see what Haley's position on him was when they drafted him...
    What is interesting is that Haley did not want him, and Seattle coach Pete Carroll did not go after him either. Carroll coached Leinert in his glory days of college and did not make a move to get him. Perhaps he knows something the rest of us do not?

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234