ESPN is reporting that Dallas is looking to trade Crayton, and if they can't trade him, he's a possible-to-likely roster cut.

Once again, I have to say that we could use another pair of sure hands on the roster. Carrying five receivers, it would be Bowe, Chambers, McCluster, Urban, and Crayton, with Horne on the practice squad and the first addition if we carry six.

I just think we need another pair of hands to grab balls over the middle, and I'm really hoping the front office is at least considering this possibility.

Crayton isn't a guy who will win you games, but he IS a guy who can catch first downs. Frankly, I think we need to do everything we can to make sure Cassel can be properly evaluated after this year. I'd hate to go into another offseason saying "we can't really tell if Cassel is going to be our guy until we can get some receivers to hold onto the ball."

If we need to draft a QB in the first round next year, I'd like to know about it. getting as many opportunities as possible for Cassel to prove himself is key.