Thread: Patrick Crayton rumor...again

Hybrid View

Default Patrick Crayton rumor...again

ESPN is reporting that Dallas is looking to trade Crayton, and if they can't trade him, he's a possible-to-likely roster cut.

Once again, I have to say that we could use another pair of sure hands on the roster. Carrying five receivers, it would be Bowe, Chambers, McCluster, Urban, and Crayton, with Horne on the practice squad and the first addition if we carry six.

I just think we need another pair of hands to grab balls over the middle, and I'm really hoping the front office is at least considering this possibility.

Crayton isn't a guy who will win you games, but he IS a guy who can catch first downs. Frankly, I think we need to do everything we can to make sure Cassel can be properly evaluated after this year. I'd hate to go into another offseason saying "we can't really tell if Cassel is going to be our guy until we can get some receivers to hold onto the ball."

If we need to draft a QB in the first round next year, I'd like to know about it. getting as many opportunities as possible for Cassel to prove himself is key.

So the rumor is about him getting cut? Nothing about us being mentioned? I'm confused....

He would be better then some of the recivers that we have not. I would like it more if we just sign him and not have to trade for him. I don't see him being that much of an impact. Maybe a little better then what we got from Wade last season.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    ESPN is reporting that Dallas is looking to trade Crayton, and if they can't trade him, he's a possible-to-likely roster cut.

Once again, I have to say that we could use another pair of sure hands on the roster. Carrying five receivers, it would be Bowe, Chambers, McCluster, Urban, and Crayton, with Horne on the practice squad and the first addition if we carry six.

I just think we need another pair of hands to grab balls over the middle, and I'm really hoping the front office is at least considering this possibility.

Crayton isn't a guy who will win you games, but he IS a guy who can catch first downs. Frankly, I think we need to do everything we can to make sure Cassel can be properly evaluated after this year. I'd hate to go into another offseason saying "we can't really tell if Cassel is going to be our guy until we can get some receivers to hold onto the ball."

If we need to draft a QB in the first round next year, I'd like to know about it. getting as many opportunities as possible for Cassel to prove himself is key.
    If we get Crayton, Urban will be the first guy shown the door. Copper and Lawrence have special teams value; Urban doesn't.

also, Mccluster will be an RB on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    also, Mccluster will be an RB on the roster.
    It does not matter to me what they list "deuces wild" as. As long as he is on the field

Crayton went to San Diego!

We have no need for Crayton anyway.