Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regular season starts Sept 13th

Default Regular season starts Sept 13th

What players have the most to prove this season?

I think Matt Cassel for sure. Who do you think?

Eric Berry...gotta earn his $$$
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Eric Berry...gotta earn his $$$
    Agree, but given the nature of the position he plays, it's probably not going to happen. Everybody knew when he was drafted he was going to be the highest - paid Safety in the NFL and get franchise QB type dollars.

Safeties simply cannot make the impact of a Stellar QB or LT and this is why many -- myself included -- had reservations about taking a Safety that high, especially over Russell Okung.

Berry is going to help the Chiefs defense a lot, but he's not the 2nd coming of Joe Montana in his prime and cannot impact a football team that way.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Agree, but given the nature of the position he plays, it's probably not going to happen. Everybody knew when he was drafted he was going to be the highest - paid Safety in the NFL and get franchise QB type dollars.

Safeties simply cannot make the impact of a Stellar QB or LT and this is why many -- myself included -- had reservations about taking a Safety that high, especially over Russell Okung.

Berry is going to help the Chiefs defense a lot, but he's not the 2nd coming of Joe Montana in his prime and cannot impact a football team that way.
    I just want to see him play like he is the top paid safety in the league. I dont watch enough college ball to really make an educated guess as to the talent of each draftee but I did want to see a LT drafted as well. I just hope Berry lives up to the hype!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I just want to see him play like he is the top paid safety in the league. I dont watch enough college ball to really make an educated guess as to the talent of each draftee but I did want to see a LT drafted as well. I just hope Berry lives up to the hype!!
    Berry really is as good as the hype, but what people like myself were pissed about is he being picked so high especially when we had one of the best LT's in our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Berry really is as good as the hype, but what people like myself were pissed about is he being picked so high especially when we had one of the best LT's in our hands.
    Precisely, and after watching the Chiefs preseason game against Philly, I have to question just how much better is Berry than Nate Allen ( I thought he played just as good as Berry -- if not better in that game ), who the Chiefs could have had at pick #36. 55 Million dollars better? No way ! Point being Chiefs could have had the stud LT at #5 ( Okung ) and a damn good Safety at #36 ( Nate Allen ).

Cassell could make or break the team this year. He has the most to prove in my opinion.

I think Cassell, Bowe, and our D-line have to prove some stuff.

I will mention a player that really doesn't have anything to prove, but has proven himself throughout the preseason and deserves to be a starter.

It's OT Barry Richardson. I've went back and reviewed the games and whether he's played LT or RT, his pass-protection for Chiefs QB's has been excellent and he deserves to be the starter at RT ahead of O'Callaghan. If they pull Richardson out of the starting lineup in favor of O'Callaghan, watch the pass protection suffer as a result.

CASSEL CASSEL and CASSEL! He has all the tools to move the ball this year. As many times as he handed the ball off in pre-season to Charles and Jones shows he'll only have to throw the ball maybe once every 3 downs. That's not asking alot form a QB making 50 mill. Lucky for him we have players that can pick up big yardage after those short passes he makes. Please prove me wrong this year MATT! GO CHIEFS!

Matt Cassel needs to be able to get rid of the ball and zip some passes down field. The tools and running game are there, so this is a big season for him. All of our D line needs to get pressure and Brandon Carr needs to be more consistent. Kendrick Lewis has a chance to surpass the spot Page could have had, so this is a big rookie season for him. The offensive line has the chance to gel early and Thomas Jones and JC have to be the heart and soul of the offense. DJ has finally come full circle in the coach's eyes so bring the heat on Monday Night. All in all my top five players to watch that need to prove something are:
    1. Matt Cassel
    2. Brandon Carr
    3. Tyson Jackson
    4. Derrick Johnson
    5. The offensive Line

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12