Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regular season starts Sept 13th

Default Regular season starts Sept 13th

What players have the most to prove this season?

I think Matt Cassel for sure. Who do you think?

the most to prove?
    Cassel has to top the list. Watching Brodie last night makes me wonder if he wont be our starting QB by years end (if he can keep from getting injured~)

other guys I think Studebaker, while young needs to step in and prove he can be a solid NFL starter, which I think he can do that.

Also Tyson Jackson. 3-4 DE does not get alot of praise but you can tell when they ARENT doing there job.

Carr. He HAS to step up this year, hes our solid #2 CB and really he just got torched all of last year. He needs to step up or be demoted~

I'd say besides the obvious Cassel...

Tyson Jackson - As he tries to avoid the dreaded "bust" label.
    Derrick Johnson - Contract year, I want him to have a big season and stay a Chief.
    Glenn Dorsey - Similar to Jackson, 2nd year in this system and has a lot to prove.
    Chris Chambers - Can he keep up last year's success now that he's being paid?
    Branden Albert - Needs to prove that sticking with him and not drafting a franchise LT at 5 was the right move.
    Jamaal Charles - Prove to the doubters that he can do it for a full season.

Top of my list is Dorsey and Jackson (1 & 1a). They need to show that they were worth where they were drafted. Next, is Cassel. But I'm not as worried about him as I am about Dorsey and Jackson. I've seen him make steady progress so that is encouraging.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I'd say besides the obvious Cassel...

Tyson Jackson - As he tries to avoid the dreaded "bust" label.
    Derrick Johnson - Contract year, I want him to have a big season and stay a Chief.
    Glenn Dorsey - Similar to Jackson, 2nd year in this system and has a lot to prove.
    Chris Chambers - Can he keep up last year's success now that he's being paid?
    Branden Albert - Needs to prove that sticking with him and not drafting a franchise LT at 5 was the right move.
    Jamaal Charles - Prove to the doubters that he can do it for a full season.
    Agree great list

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    That's the biggest question mark, right there, for me. On the first play last night, he got stampeded by Packers rookie Mike Neal. Truth be told, Barry Richardson has done a better job protecting the passer than either Albert or O'Cal in the 2010 preseason and I suspect that will be the case come the regular season as well.

It wouldn't surprise me that it would wind up if the Chiefs have a stud LT available to them in the 2011 draft -- this time they take him !!

GOOD THREAD FIG
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 09-03-2010 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    That's the biggest question mark, right there, for me. On the first play last night, he got stampeded by Packers rookie Mike Neal. Truth be told, Barry Richardson has done a better job protecting the passer than either Albert or O'Cal in the 2010 preseason and I suspect that will be the case come the regular season as well.

It wouldn't surprise me that it would wind up if the Chiefs have a stud LT available to them in the 2011 draft -- this time they take him !!

GOOD THREAD FIG
    Thank you sir I'm gonna keep an eye on Russell Okung this year to see what could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Thank you sir I'm gonna keep an eye on Russell Okung this year to see what could have been.
    Same here. Okung looked good in the Seahawks first game against the Titans. Then he got his ankle rolled on by one of his own teammates in the 2nd game. I hope he makes it back soon.

If you watch any college football, keep an eye on Anthony Castonzo of Boston College, Nate Solder of Colorado, Joseph Barksdale of LSU, and Gabe Carimi of Wisconson as these are the top rated Tackle prospects so far. Of course that could change after the college season is over.

I don't think that there is any question that the most to prove is Cassel and Albert close behind. Besides the ones that have been talked about I will add anther.

D bowe. A couple of years ago he had a real good year catching the football. Last year no so good. Was that year a couple of years ago a fluke or was last year just one bad year. We will have to wait and see

This year it is clearly offense. Cassel and Bowe, and Albert all have to prove that they are what they need to be.

On defense I am a little more open. Derrick Johnson has to step it up if he wants to remain a good player, but something to prove? He has been here long enough we should know what we have there.

Dorsey is due. This is his year without a doubt, if he is the talent he was drafted at, then he needs to show it this year. Jackson has another year before it is make or break with him.

Hali is on the line too. Hali and Johnson both need to show that they are the guys that are going to anchor those linebackers for a few years to come.

Carr and Flowers are two others that are on the line too. So far this preseason at least with what I have seen, these guys are both sucking it up. They need to really step up their games now.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast