Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: houshmandzadeh to be released

Default houshmandzadeh to be released

T.J. Houshmandzadeh's time with the Seahawks is coming to an end
    3 Comment
    September 4 Seattle Times

Share Article
    "T.J. Houshmandzadeh left Seattle on Friday, flying out of town.
    His departure from the Seahawks is expected Saturday, when the team is expected to release him if it can't trade him. Saturday is the deadline for NFL teams to trim their rosters to 53 players.
    Either way, Seattle is expected to cut ties with the receiver it signed only a year ago, even if that means eating the $7 million in guaranteed salary he is owed for 2010.
    Houshmandzadeh did not answer his phone or return a text message Friday. Chad Ochocinco, his former teammate at Oregon State and with the Cincinnati Bengals, expressed his surprise on Twitter.
    "Disturbing news," Ochocinco wrote. "I can't even fathom the thought of a receiver the caliber of Housh being traded, let alone released."
    Ochocinco indicated he will be lobbying heavily for the Bengals to bring him back. Houshmandzadeh played eight seasons in Cincinnati before signing with Seattle as a free agent in March 2009.
    The addition was considered a victory when Houshmandzadeh picked the Seahawks over the Minnesota Vikings or a return to the Bengals. He caught 79 passes last season, the most on the team, but fewer than he had in any of the previous three seasons."

Click here for full article

i would love to see this receiver in kc.i know it probably wont happen but he is a good possesion/move the chains on third down receiver.i can not believe they are cutting him

I would not mind seeing that we sign him. But I don't think it's likely.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I would not mind seeing that we sign him. But I don't think it's likely.
    Yeah, I'd love to bring him in to replace Urban, but it seems a no-brainer move for he and the Bengals to join back up.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Maybe trade paige,mays and urban for him. He`s still as good or better than what we have.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

We dont throw the ball downfield enough to warrant us signing him to the money he wants. And not only are him and Chambers pretty much the same exact WR, but neither of them play the slot, and he would just be taking looks away from McCluster. Hes awesome, but I dont see him coming here with the offense were running

Now this wouldn't be a bad pick up.....Better than Patrick Crayton.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I don't think the Chiefs need any more receivers. McCluster is going to surprise a lot of people, Chambers is better than the price the Chiefs paid for him, and I believe this is the year that Bowe gets over his funk.

Over the hill and thinks he's better than he really is. I doubt he'd sign without guarantee of a starting job, which he wouldn't get here obviously. If he can still play the slot he'd probably free up McCluster to be used all over the place though.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Over the hill and thinks he's better than he really is. I doubt he'd sign without guarantee of a starting job, which he wouldn't get here obviously. If he can still play the slot he'd probably free up McCluster to be used all over the place though.
    he is 33 years old still plenty of left in the tank.the chargers,vikings,cardinals all have made offers for him recently.i hope he takes the vikings or cardinals gig.i do not want to see him in a san diego uniform

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast