Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Final Cuts?

Default Final Cuts?

It spast 6pm...anyone heard anything?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Are we going to pick up a third QB?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'd like to see them sign Leinart, Myron Rolle, and hopefully they can grab Brady Quinn when the Broncos release him.

I know this looks crazy, but quite honestly, I'm not sold on Cassel and having a pair of first round picks for him to compete against can't be bad for competition at that spot... everyone says competition at each position makes your team better... Cassel has no competition. It's time he sees that his contract shouldn't guarantee him the starting spot. Plus, if we sign Leinart and/or Quinn to a free agent contract, the Chiefs won't feel any urgency to get them to start immediately since we didn't spend 1st round picks on them.

Bottom line, do we go with Haley's guy (Leinart), Weis' guy (Quinn), or Pioli's guy (Cassel)?
    Guys you've got to face reality, they're going to give Cassel every chance to succeed. Plus, Haley like Croyle as well, so those two are currently set. Maybe pick up Quinn as a 3rd string QB. I personally like Cassel and Croyle and think about it if Croyle had been able to stay healthy they might of never signed Cassel and Croyle could have been our starting QB.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

How much did Shaun Smith see at NT during the pre seasons. It's kind of worrying we only have 1 NT at the moment. I suppose either Brown or Lokey will get signed to the PR.

And good on Greenwood making the team. I'm going to be cheering for my fellow canuck

im assuming the front office has their eyes on a NT that was released

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

I know this looks crazy, but quite honestly, I'm not sold on Cassel and having a pair of first round picks for him to compete against can't be bad for competition at that spot... everyone says competition at each position makes your team better... Cassel has no competition. It's time he sees that his contract shouldn't guarantee him the starting spot.
    The problem with that right now is the timing, in my opinion. Right as we're about to open the regular season is not the time to open up competition at the QB spot.

I'd rather draft a QB at #1 next year and then open up the competition than to bring in a couple of veterans who haven't cut it with other teams to disrupt things here and now.

Didn't see Palko, Brown, Lokey, Walters, Morgan, or Nduwke getting cut. Are we running a 4-3? Because our NT situation is beyond crappy right now. I didn't see any NT of any note get released, unless you count Baker. And I don't.

And Myron Rolle is too slow to be a NFL player. I admire the guy very much, but that's how it is.

Yeah, I was disappointed Lokey went.

Smith played some NT in the preseason. I'm sure he'll get some time there, and nickel situations we go to a 2-4-5 anyway with Gilberry and Dorsey (I think?) as the down linemen.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234