Thread: Check out MLB playoff promo video! YEEHAW!

Default Check out MLB playoff promo video! YEEHAW!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    Sounds good!
    I totally love his raspy voice, that's what first attracted me to him. My ear has always been drawn to raspier voices...Joe C-o-c-ker, Michael Bolton, Janis Joplin, etc..

Edit...automatic moderating wouldn't let me spell out Joe's last name, hahahaha.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 09-06-2010 at 04:49 PM.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I totally love his raspy voice, that's what first attracted me to his music. My ear has always been drawn to raspier voices...Joe C-o-c-ker, Michael Bolton, Janis Joplin, etc..

Edit...automatic moderating wouldn't let me spell out Joe's last name, hahahaha.
    Those dang mods!

Resident Celebrity

Nice video! I like the song!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Nice video! I like the song!
    Yep! I'm hoping it will be a major hit for him, sure is already receiving attention prior to it's release even!

I'm gonna ramble deeper thoughts, inspired by this video, haha. It's been an amazing journey the last decade, witnessing Kid Rock's music evolve, watching him as the man Bob Ritchie mature and evolve too.

There is such a major difference in his music today than that of when DWAC was released in 1998. It was that CD of which has the "Only God Knows Why" track on it, the first Kid Rock song I ever heard on the radio, of which initiated my birth as a fan. Most young artists will mature and evolve over time with their music. An artists music often reflects their life priorities at whatever stage of life they're experiencing. When he was younger he was such a rebel bad boy, haha...all about the partying aspects of being a Rock n Roll star of course, and his music reflected such for the most part.

I could always read between the lines however, with his early years lyrical ballads, such as "Only God Knows Why", as well as watching him in interviews, & so on. He didn't fool me, haha. I could see back then a genuine, sincere, patriotic, stand up for what's right, heart of gold behind the rebel bad boy image he and the media portrayed more often than not, haha.

As well, I've always believed the eyes are indeed the mirror to one's soul. When I meet someone for the first time it is their eyes of which tell me more about that person than any thing else. The first time I met him...his eyes revealed a gentle, kind, compassionate, genuine caring person...at times his eyes lit up with his ornery sense of humor, just like a child on Christmas morning, haha. Just as one can distinquish the gentleness of an animal by their eyes, so can a person's eyes reveal.

I will initially be drawn to an artists music, but if I sense a negative, selfish, hardened heart person, it won't matter to me how good their music is...they'll lose me as a fan. It's about the whole package for my personality, as to whether or not I go from liking their music initially...to becoming a loyal dedicated lifetime fan. Seems for whatever reason, I need to go beyond being a fan of the music...I have to admire and respect the person behind the music as well.

My instincts proved to be right on, as the years have passed Kid Rock indeed has revealed himself to be the person I saw in him when younger, behind the often brash & explicit lyrics on the surface. As most of us do with age...we mellow, mature, figure out what the true life priorities are. Kid Rock is no exception, and his music has evolved to that of which now more often than not, reflects the same patriotism, principles, beliefs, and values of which I hold.

Kid Rock aka Robert (Bob) James Ritchie...is one of the good guys in our society, and he's doing what he can to influence society postively through his music. :)
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 09-07-2010 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Yep! I'm hoping it will be a major hit for him, sure is already receiving attention prior to it's release even!

I'm gonna ramble deeper thoughts, inspired by this video, haha. It's been an amazing journey the last decade, witnessing Kid Rock's music evolve, watching him as the man Bob Ritchie mature and evolve too.

There is such a major difference in his music today than that of when DWAC was released in 1998. It was that CD of which has the "Only God Knows Why" track on it, the first Kid Rock song I ever heard on the radio, of which initiated my birth as a fan. Most young artists will mature and evolve over time with their music. An artists music often reflects their life priorities at whatever stage of life they're experiencing. When he was younger he was such a rebel bad boy, haha...all about the partying aspects of being a Rock n Roll star of course, and his music reflected such for the most part.

I could always read between the lines however, with his early years lyrical ballads, such as "Only God Knows Why", as well as watching him in interviews, & so on. He didn't fool me, haha. I could see back then a genuine, sincere, patriotic, stand up for what's right, heart of gold behind the rebel bad boy image he and the media portrayed more often than not, haha.

As well, I've always believed the eyes are indeed the mirror to one's soul. When I meet someone for the first time it is their eyes of which tell me more about that person than any thing else. The first time I met him...his eyes revealed a gentle, kind, compassionate, genuine caring person...at times his eyes lit up with his ornery sense of humor, just like a child on Christmas morning, haha. Just as one can distinquish the gentleness of an animal by their eyes, so can a person's eyes reveal.

I will initially be drawn to an artists music, but if I sense a negative, selfish, hardened heart person, it won't matter to me how good their music is...they'll lose me as a fan. It's about the whole package for my personality, as to whether or not I go from liking their music initially...to becoming a loyal dedicated lifetime fan. Seems for whatever reason, I need to go beyond being a fan of the music...I have to admire and respect the person behind the music as well.

My instincts proved to be right on, as the years have passed Kid Rock indeed has revealed himself to be the person I saw in him when younger, behind the often brash & explicit lyrics on the surface. As most of us do with age...we mellow, mature, figure out what the true life priorities are. Kid Rock is no exception, and his music has evolved to that of which now more often than not, reflects the same patriotism, principles, beliefs, and values of which I hold.

Kid Rock aka Robert (Bob) James Ritchie...is one of the good guys in our society, and he's doing what he can to influence society postively through his music. :)
    Good to know that there are positive influences in a profession marred by so many negative ones.