Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: T-Rich released by Jets

Default T-Rich released by Jets

I know there's already a topic on T-Rich, but this is for the lazy ones!

Jets release veteran fullback Tony Richardson

GET HIM BACK HERE!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    have to admit I was wrong on this one. I didn't think they would release him.
    Same. I am very surprised by that move.

And I say bring him in. He obviously wants to play. And, everywhere he goes, so does the the rushing success.

Even as great a season as Chris Johnson had last year, T-Rich led the way for the team with the most rushing yards. He has made a habit of that.

He re-signed with the jets.

DOH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    He would still be a chief if he wanted to be a chief. When you have a player that does not want to be here then it's best to let the player move on most the time. He wanted to go to a place that had a better chance to get a superbowl. I have not lost any respect for him. I hope he does well. I don't care if the falcons win or lose but I like to see him doing well. It may or may not have anything to do with my fantsay teams.
    The reason he began wanting to leave KC is because of negative aspects to his career and personal disadvantage, that were transpiring behind the scenes and on the field with CP, Edwards, & so on. Tony is a man of character and class, he's not going to publicly bash the organization that he spent the majority of his Hall of Fame career with, respectively.

For the most part, other than those players who lack wisdom...there is a 'code of silence' in the NFL. The public is only told those aspects of trades & contract negotiations of which are favorable to the organization more often than not. The players benefit by taking the fall in many aspects...including trust among possible teams they don't want to burn future bridges with.

Tony took 100% of the blame as a matter of class, respect for the Chiefs, his teammates, Lamar, and himself. Negotiations of trade to Atlanta had begun under CP, not Pioli. Pioli finished the trade with Atlanta respectively as a matter of ethics.

That's my opinion formed from reading between the lines paying attention to the less obvious details back when the walls began tumbling down for CP. CP was desperate to cover his own butt any way he could with fans...of which were already calling for his head over losing T-Rich, Allen, others. CP sold TG out, just like he did the rest, partially because of money, partially because of ego & arrogance...I'll always believe that.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    It's funny how all of these guys who have said nothing other than that they'd love to be life-long Chiefs (JA, TG) are shipped off by GMs trying to rebuild in thier own image. And all of a sudden reports start coming from the front offices that the players really wanted out all along. It's almost as if the GMs are covering their asses for shipping out fan favorites for picks.
    Yep, isn't it though. I totally agree.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123