Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone one know about the DT we got off waivers?

Default anyone one know about the DT we got off waivers?

any info on him? is he any good?

I have not even heard of him before. I hope he turns out to be a good pick up. But we really didn't lose to much to get him. I don't think Lawerance would ever be anything but a SP teams guy.

Yeah I wasn't a fan of Lawrence. Seems like every kick return he ever had involved running in a straight line and then immediately getting tackled. Hopefully Toribio turns out to be good.

I think that with the addition of raji they just couldn't find a spot for him. One would think that any DT of real value wouldn't be outright released... but maybe they wanted to snag him for the practice squad after he cleared waivers. at any rate it would be a home run if we get a starting DT via waivers... But I can only believe it is more likely to fill depth.

if i recal it correctly i think i read some where about the depth they had in greenbay at NT was the deepest in talent in the league. so heres wishful thinking

hasn't Raji been a huge bust thus far? I don't recall him being that good last season, but I may be wrong on that one. Is the Packers Defense gonna be good this season? Any does anyone know about their depth along NT and why they release Toribio?
    J5, Cassel, Tamba, Brandon Flowers, all going pro bowl in 2010, Chiefs go 9-7, make Wild Card playoffs...

Green Bays back up nose tackle is a 10 year vet. Toribio is listed at 315 while Raji and Pickett are around 340, which to me is a better weight for the position.

It is Dom Capers second season as there coordinator so I would guess they will improve on there #2 rating for total defense ypg last year.

I went back and watched the tape of the KC vs. GB game to take a look at him. He played mainly LDE during the KC game. He seemed stout, but he's not a pass rushing threat at all.

He's a big body to plug holes, nothing more. The GB boards that I visited said that he had a good offseason last year, but this year he's been pretty much non-existent.
    Last edited by Coach; 09-06-2010 at 11:14 PM.

just wish we kept siiavi, he's doin pretty well w/dallas

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    just wish we kept siiavi, he's doin pretty well w/dallas
    He just got cut, so not that well.

siavii was terrible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast