Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Matt Leinart

Default Matt Leinart

Somebody had to start a thread on him eventually. ESPN.com has an article that claims the Cardinals are taking calls about him from other teams.

There is obviously a connection since Haley was once his OC, and it's never a bad idea to improve your depth at QB. If Cassell turns out not to be our guy, or if he gets injured, where are we going to turn. As much as I like Brodie, everybody knows we would be lucky to get through one game without him being injured.

I have always felt like Leinart could be a star QB if he was ever given a real chance to become a full-time starter. He has been better than Anderson statistically, but rumor has it that his teammates just don't believe in Leinart and so Anderson is going to be the starter. Something tells me that Leinart is now highly motivated to prove his teammates and critics wrong, and he is going to go somewhere and do good things. A motivated QB with Leinart's talent and a fresh start could be scary good.

gross. why replace cassel with a QB who is arguably worse than he is. He is left handed, has no arm strength, no locker room presence. Yuk.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    gross. why replace cassel with a QB who is arguably worse than he is. He is left handed, has no arm strength, no locker room presence. Yuk.
    I'm not suggesting the Chiefs replace Cassel with Leinart. I was talking about improving our depth at QB and having another backup in case Matt gets injured or simply does not work out as our QB.

Let me be the first to say HELL NO!!!!!!!!!! I've watched this guy since he's been out of college and he SUCKS!!! Checkdown KING. NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!!

I would not be 100% against the move depending on what we would have to give up for him. He's not any better or worse then brodie IMO but he does not have the history of getting carted off the field that Brodie does. It would not be a horrible move but I really don't see it happeing.

6 yds avg per pass, 70 QB rating, more INT's than TD's in his career, weak arm, inaccurate, bad footwork and is possibly the biggest (kitty cat) in the league. ZERO fire and Fitz has said he doesn't want to go across the middle with Leinart throwing the ball. He's gone from Arizona but I highly doubt KC is anywhere oin the radar and I am SO glad. Whisenhunt is a great QB coach and see's nothing in this kid. As well he shoudn't. NO, NO, NO!!!

I would have to say no to this as well, even though the depth would be nice. Leinart simply brings too many negatives with a poor work ethic and lack of ability.

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    You guys all no my feelings on Cassel so it has a lot of value when I say "Cassel is better then Leinhart!" Leinhart sucks!

He is a complete bust. The fact the Cardinals went out and signed Derek Anderson and gave him the nod as starter speaks a ton in how much Leinart sucks.

Leinart was a product of good players around him at USC just like J. Russell was a product of good players around him at LSU.

There is absolutely not reason to trade of Leinart yet alone take on his contract or even to restructure.

It was also Haley who benched Leinart in favor of Warner. I think Haley knows what Leinart brings to the table and he is not the character that fits his 53 roster.

He actually looked very promising as a rookie (am I the only one who remembers his game against the Chiefs that year!?). He got yanked early in his second season when Whisenhunt took over, and has never been given much of a chance since.

Take a look at his first year game logs, which includes the record for the most passing yards ever in a single game by a rookie, and tell me if you really think he is a Russell caliber bust:

Matt Leinart Game Log - Arizona Cardinals - ESPN

I realize that there are some games where his QB rating wasn't great, but there were just as many times that it was great. Inconsistency is expected out a a rookie, but great games are a sign of potential.

I'm not saying that I am definitely right, but there are plenty of reasons to think that he has massive amounts of potential. I would be willing to wager that he would have been a solid starting QB at worst by now if they had not switched coaching staffs on him during his second year.

And to those complaining about his arm, how often did you see Rich Gannon throw the ball deep down the field and what did you think of his ability as a QB? Nobody questioned Leinart's leadership at USC. Maybe it's hard to be a leader when, for whatever reason, your teammates don't believe in you. Would they believe in him more if their coach had given him a vote of confidence? Is another coach willing to give him a legit chance and a vote of confidence now?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast