Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Why NFL could close in 2011

Default Why NFL could close in 2011

Anyone read this article on Yahoo this morning?
    Thoughts...

Yahoo! Sports - Sports News, Scores, Rumors, Fantasy Games, and more
    slug=ms-laborquestions090810
    **ChiefsChick**

Quote Originally Posted by NFLLockout View Post
    Hey Guys -
    Just wanted to show you the letter that we will be sending the owners along with the petition signatures. As you can tell, a lockout would effect an enormous amount of people.
    I signed the petition

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Actually the owners did opt out of the contract. The current contract had three years remaining.
    Wrong, it was due for an extension, after the 2011 season. Yes, the owners opted out of the final season of the extension, but either it would have happened in 2010, or it would have happened in 2011.

Right now, the argument is that the players do now want two more games for the regular season. I don't really get this argument because you play those games now, and they don't mean anything.

A player can have a career ending injury in a pre-season game as easily as he can in a regular season game. If you are going to play the games anyway, make them worth something.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Wrong, it was due for an extension, after the 2011 season. Yes, the owners opted out of the final season of the extension, but either it would have happened in 2010, or it would have happened in 2011.

Right now, the argument is that the players do now want two more games for the regular season. I don't really get this argument because you play those games now, and they don't mean anything.

A player can have a career ending injury in a pre-season game as easily as he can in a regular season game. If you are going to play the games anyway, make them worth something.
    I agree with this. I think way to much is being made of the 2 extra regular season games. Look at hockey. That is a very physical game not as physical as football but it still adds up and takes a tole on there bodies they manage to play 82 games a year Condering they would take 2 preseason games off I think that this is an overblown issue

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    I signed the petition
    Thanks for signing, we appreciate it! Did anyone happen to participate in #LETUSPLAY day? Here's a brief recap of what went down, and to anyone who helped make it a great success, thank you!

Pardon the double post guys, just wanted to share the new [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl9BpUgYljQ"]NFLPA Super Bowl commercial[/ame]. What do you think of the spot?

Pardon the double post guys, just wanted to share the new . What do you think of the spot?

It definitely conveys your message.

Pardon the double post guys, just wanted to share the new What do you think of the spot?
    I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

The problem I have with this is that it gives coaches two less weeks to evaluate talent and make final cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    The problem I have with this is that it gives coaches two less weeks to evaluate talent and make final cuts.
    I agree, and it gives 2 less weeks for players to be evaluated.

Two weeks can make a HUGE difference.
    **ChiefsChick**

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast