Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QBs

Default QBs

Can't get anyone to answer my question over on KCChiefs.com so figured I'd ask u guys. Am I correct that we only have 2 QBs on our current roster? If go forbid, something happens to Cassel, it's almost a given before the game ends Croyle will be injured, who is our 3rd string? The practice squad doesn't suit up do they? Just not sure of all the rules but figured with Croyle's record of injuries a 3rd stringer is almost mandatory!

Go watch chiefs live from this week. I believe it's in part 1, looney talked for a few minutes about this. Basically if both qbs were out they would have to run a "wildcat" type offense for the remainder of the game, then God forbid Palko would start the next game.

2 qbs is a risk. I don't think that it is a given that if Matt goes down Brodie would by time that game ends. Brodie did make it through the whole raven game last year without getting hurt. I am sure we would have time to bring a guy in or add Palko to the roster if Cassell is going to miss a lot of time. It's a risk to only carry 2 qbs on the roster But I don't think that it is going to be a big factor.

Keep in mind that is something does happen to Matt, it is likely the Chiefs will seek out an immediate trade for a QB. You are correct, they only have two QB's on Roster. You don't want a Plako or someone who won't be any good taking up a spot, so the best thing to do is get a good one, only if you need to.

I'm not sure who the emergency 3rd QB is actually. Typically it's whoever had the most experience playing QB in HS/college, and usually this information is known, but I don't think it's been mentioned.

I'd guess we'd just go to a full on wildcat offense like mentioned earlier with McCluster, Charles, and Jones.

Palko would of course be called up from the practice squad for the next game if needed. I don't really worry too much about this happening. It's really unlikely for the 1st and 2nd string quarterbacks to both get hurt in the same game. The only time I remember this happening is against the Patriots in 2008, but we still only used two quarterbacks in that game.
    Last edited by yashi; 09-10-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Brady Quinn is on the radar... $700k per year and knows the offense
    Last edited by n2un; 09-10-2010 at 03:30 PM.

If it does happen like somebody else said. An immediate trade or pick up of a worthy QB out there that might even be a second stringer on another team. GO CHIEFS!

Dexter was a QB in high school. My quess is he will be the emergence QB, and operate the wildcat offense.

I think, not for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Dexter was a QB in high school. My quess is he will be the emergence QB, and operate the wildcat offense.

I think, not for sure.
    Eric Berry was a QB as well.

Resident Celebrity

Ya know this move is defininately tough to get my head around with the fact that we are carrying 2 FBs... I know we are going to be a running team but I mean cmon.. If the D sees Cox AND Castille in the backfield they are gonna audible to a run blitz and blow it up...

So with the likelihood of both of them being on the field at the same time why are we carrying 2? I would really like to see a 3rd QB. But I guess Cassel has proved he is tough... Look at last year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast