Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charles vs TJ

Default Charles vs TJ

who is starting? Who will get the Bulk of the Carries? who has looked better this preseason.

I think Jones will start and Charles and Mccluster will both see a lot of time at hb as well. We have a 3 headed monster at RB. Witch will be GOOD to see.

well the reason im asking is because i want to trade for TJ in my fantasy league but if hes a starter its a little harder to trade for....

Technically, Jones is the starter. Jamaal is likely to get more touches though and will probably be a more productive player this season, barring injury.

Charles has looked much better in the preseason than Jones, although Jones has been good for the most part too.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think Jones will start and Charles and Mccluster will both see a lot of time at hb as well. We have a 3 headed monster at RB. Witch will be GOOD to see.
    I want to see a four headed monster with Battle getting some tough yards. I wonder how much we'll see McCluster at WR

Here is the good news. The running game is going to be outstanding. Teams go the playoffs on the shoulders of a great running attack. And Jammal is young, and so is Dex. So is Battle. This could be the beginning of another running dynasty... a la Priest Holmes/Larry Johnson (before Larry showed everyone what a giaganitc douche bag he is)

Watch out. Chiefs are going to get good pretty quickly.
    Resident Ambassador!

so should i pull off a brandon jacobs for thomas jones trade?

Jacobs could be a solid pickup, but he is pretty risky. He is no longer the starter for the Giants, and he has missed an average of 3 games per year over the last three years. Personally, I would stick with Jones, but I am biased.

no i have Jacobs im thinking about trying to get jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro View Post
    no i have Jacobs im thinking about trying to get jones.
    oh my god if you can get thomas jones for brandon jacobs DO IT.

jacobs is nearing the end of his career, even though he's far younger than jones.

Ahmad Bradshaw is going to be the real workhorse in new york, and jacobs knows he's on his way out.

thomas jones is going to vulture touchdowns from jamaal, and he absolutely will get carries. I'm guessing jones gets about 12-15 carries a game, which could easily turn into 50-60 yards and a touchdown.

If you're relying on TJ to take you to the championship...well, I just hope you have Rodgers, Andre Johnson, and Randy Moss.

But for backups, TJ is an excellent choice. You also need to be looking for a young running back with more upside. You never want to purely rely on aging workhorses, because their top-end is limited.

Look at guys like Keiland Williams, Anthony Dixon, and Kareem Huggins as young, talented backs playing behind older players or guys with injury concerns. They're one snap away from prime running real estate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast