Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who would have thought the defense would be most improved?

Default Who would have thought the defense would be most improved?

The defense was outstanding tonight. Derrick Johnson played his best game as a Chief and the D-Line played their asses off. I'm impressed...And here I thought that the Chiefs offense would be the strength this year. After watching the preseason and this game, this defense isn't messing around.

That said, Matt Cassel has to be better. He looked brutal tonight. And Jamaal has to get more than 11 touches. Nice first win, let's keep it going in Cleveland next weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    You mean that 250lbs plus fullback? You'll find most defenses having problems bringing down that load.

There was one other play, a pass play, where our guys just seemed to fall off the Charger player left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    There was one other play, a pass play, where our guys just seemed to fall off the Charger player left and right.
    My guess would be the screen pass to Gates.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

If I wasn't working where I am for the summer I would've been there. I could feel the energy in the stadium from the couch. Its been a long time since I've felt this good about my team. Lets just marinate in this for a few days.....

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    If I wasn't working where I am for the summer I would've been there. I could feel the energy in the stadium from the couch. Its been a long time since I've felt this good about my team. Lets just marinate in this for a few days.....
    Yep a season opener win at Arrowhead, and for at least this week, division leaders!!!

I saw Shaun Smith getting double teamed a lot too. I'd like to see more Studebaker subbing in for Vrabel on passing downs

the D is improved. but in the 4th Q i think they were gettin gassed. to many 3 and outs by our O. sound like a broken record???

I expected very little coverage by the god almighty ESPN. and i got it. just the highlights and move on

BTY don't tell anyone but i think we have our ST fixed !!!
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    The defense was outstanding tonight. Derrick Johnson played his best game as a Chief and the D-Line played their asses off. I'm impressed...And here I thought that the Chiefs offense would be the strength this year. After watching the preseason and this game, this defense isn't messing around.

That said, Matt Cassel has to be better. He looked brutal tonight. And Jamaal has to get more than 11 touches. Nice first win, let's keep it going in Cleveland next weekend!
    Yes sir!

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    the D is improved. but in the 4th Q i think they were gettin gassed. to many 3 and outs by our O. sound like a broken record???

I expected very little coverage by the god almighty ESPN. and i got it. just the highlights and move on

BTY don't tell anyone but i think we have our ST fixed !!!
    That's because the offense was giving them little to no help

Also, it needs to be mentioned in this defensive thread.

We ended the game with a huge goal line stand!! It was 1st and goal from the 5 with almost 2 minutes left in the game, and the "elite" Chargers offense couldn't do a thing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    That makes the fact they we were able to hang on, and especially the goal line stand, that much more impressive.

This D can be so good if we can keep them off the field long enough to catch their breath every once and a while.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast