Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Default The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

THE GOOD;
    the defense was stout against the run, had good pressure early on passing downs..will continue to get better as the season goes on.

THE BAD:
    Matt Cassell, poor throws, poor decisions, must elevate his game if we hope to contend.

THE UGLY:
    the offensive play calling, and that's what it was "OFFENSIVE", especially after we built the 21-7 lead. why didn't we throw on first downs, why did we constantly have 3rd & long, why didn't we let Cassell earn his pay and throw downfield. we just went into a shell and prayed rivers imploded, which he did, mainly cause he was so pissssssssd at his center for not snapping in time. but a win is a win and it is GRRRREAT!!!

C

I think the game gave the defense a big boost last night. They went up against the third best offense from last year and shut them down. That hasn't happened since our beloved DT was here. Was there some holes in the secondary? Yes, but this is San Diego and Rivers who will expose any holes in a defense. Rivers is usually one of the best protected QB's and last night he was pressured alot and he turned into a whiny b*tch. The play calling was Schottenheimer-esque. "We got the lead, let the defense win the game". Very frustrating.

Definitely would have been happy with a 42-14 win. We need to find ways other than WR screens to get McCluster involved, and USE JAMAAL!!! Holy cow- 11 carries?

Sure he averages huge chunks, but shouldn't that tell the coaching staff something? 2nd and 2 is better than 2nd and 8, and in the end, if he's not getting the ball more, I think it's just going to make Jamaal feel like Marcus Allen when he was with the raiders- "Oh, you're good, but see... we've got this other guy we want to try"

Defensively, I'm liking it, and it would seem Dorsey is starting to hit his stride. DJ played a great game, but our secondary needs to come together better. They did a great job adjusting to Gates.

Return game... yay.

JB

Rag on cassel all you want for bad decisions butbno one was really open. Play calling was conservative because we had a lead

Also worth mentioning that we only had 3 penalties. As young as our team is, that is a very good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRtheChefs View Post
    Also worth mentioning that we only had 3 penalties. As young as our team is, that is a very good thing.
    Refs didn't call many penalties. They let them play and let many penalties go for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Refs didn't call many penalties. They let them play and let many penalties go for both teams.
    I was thinking the same thing the Chargers only had 5 penalties and two of those were delay of game, so 8 penalties for 65 yards.

The good: arrowhead stadium
    The bad: passing game
    The ugly: my hangover and sore throat.

Great to see everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRtheChefs View Post
    That is very true. We got a lucky a few plays that there were no flags. But the fact that we didn't get alot of flags with a YOUNG defensive backfield is a great sign.

Default Mostly concur

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    THE GOOD;
    the defense was stout against the run, had good pressure early on passing downs..will continue to get better as the season goes on.

THE BAD:
    Matt Cassell, poor throws, poor decisions, must elevate his game if we hope to contend.

THE UGLY:
    the offensive play calling, and that's what it was "OFFENSIVE", especially after we built the 21-7 lead. why didn't we throw on first downs, why did we constantly have 3rd & long, why didn't we let Cassell earn his pay and throw downfield. we just went into a shell and prayed rivers imploded, which he did, mainly cause he was so pissssssssd at his center for not snapping in time. but a win is a win and it is GRRRREAT!!!

C

I Loved the defense, for the most part. Especially loved Rivers acting like a petulant child.

Am Very disappointed in the 3 and outs - you can at Least go to a modified WCO and try to make three here, four there.... I understand it was wet, but we've still got to design some down the field throws - especially to the outside - at least until Cassell gets more comfortable; makes better decisions.

OTOH, his Line must protect him More.

D. Johnson has a huge game. He was all over the place and had 12 tackles.

I am wondering if Chambers is losing his step. He couldn't get open and when he did, he was in slow motion and the separation he made was quickly covered.

It was clear that Charles moved the chains better than Jones.

I am kinda of wanting to see Studebacker more than Vrabel.

I am not sure who missed the assignment on the blow TD, but Lewis was involved in more big stops than Lynch.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast