Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I didn't know Herm was still calling plays

Default I didn't know Herm was still calling plays

Run the ball twice have a third and long then try to throw rinse and repeat. On a positive note Jamaal Charles once again is a beast despite getting no love from his HC, Mcluster love that guy he is good at everything, and how the hell did we get one of the best return games in the league we were horrible a year ago our defense looked very good except for Berry getting beat like a toilet seat all last night. Cassel what can I say that I haven't. Cassel should be ashamed to take an interview after the awful game he played he should have said they won the game and pointed to Jamaal, Mccluster, Carr for his interception, and the defense.

[quote=figcrostic;200374]Run the ball twice have a third and long then try to throw rinse and repeat.

I couldn't agree more. The play calling was very predictable in the second half.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Cassell has happy feet thanks to a year of running for his life. And that o line got better and he actually had protection after the mid-third round on and he just couldn't throw accurately. I was very surprised at how the O line performed the last 1/3 of the game. Berry got worked in the open field. There is no excuse. But he did step it up in the red zone. He was a blanket in the red zone.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Cassell has happy feet thanks to a year of running for his life. And that o line got better and he actually had protection after the mid-third round on and he just couldn't throw accurately. I was very surprised at how the O line performed the last 1/3 of the game. Berry got worked in the open field. There is no excuse. But he did step it up in the red zone. He was a blanket in the red zone.
    It was nice when he picked up the first down but other then that and the TD pass to Moeaki (probably spelled that wrong) he didn't do much. I know it was raining last night but how is Cassel supposed to get better if they only let him throw when they know we are going to throw. Cassel sucked last night but I can't put it all on him.

This^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    It was nice when he picked up the first down but other then that and the TD pass to Moeaki (probably spelled that wrong) he didn't do much. I know it was raining last night but how is Cassel supposed to get better if they only let him throw when they know we are going to throw. Cassel sucked last night but I can't put it all on him.

Not entirely true that they are only letting him throw when it's expected. He wasn't on target, but he did start the game with a long shot down the field to Bowe.

I think the comments about the O-line are right, and that he's still jittery. But, that said- he just plain hangs onto the ball too long.

But this Thomas Jones-Thomas Jones- Incomplete Pass- Punt game plan does need some revamping.

JB

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Not entirely true that they are only letting him throw when it's expected. He wasn't on target, but he did start the game with a long shot down the field to Bowe.

I think the comments about the O-line are right, and that he's still jittery. But, that said- he just plain hangs onto the ball too long.

But this Thomas Jones-Thomas Jones- Incomplete Pass- Punt game plan does need some revamping.

JB
    I'm not saying he didn't play like crap, but he wasn't helped by the play calling.

It's really hard to judge the passing game on a rainy night like that. Usually, during rain you run the ball and stop them with your defense. That's what we did. We can throw it around against the Browns.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Rivers didn't have that great a game last night either, take away that long TD and the last drive, his numbers were off

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    Rivers didn't have that great a game last night either, take away that long TD and the last drive, his numbers were off
    Not that great of a game? He had 298 yards and 2 touchdowns with no picks.

And he *did* make the long TD and guide his team down the field on the last drive.

He's a crybaby douche, but I do have to give him credit, he had good numbers. I hope he has good numbers when we go to San Diego later on- with the same result.

Big stats only mean ****e in fantasy football. We still have the "W"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast