Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the new Arrowhead sounded like the old Arrowhead

Default the new Arrowhead sounded like the old Arrowhead

OK here I am. And kudos' to the Chiefs for playing a hard fought game. As far as I can see the actual only hole is the passing game. All other facets of the game were really pretty good with the exception of a couple blown coverages and missed tackles but otherwise it was a nice win. As I stood there in the rain and cold it reminded me of days gone by. Arrowhead was beyond LOUD! I'll leave with just five words.
    Cassel has got to go.
    "As I matriculate my way down the field of life, I will never forget this moment and you wonderful people who helped make this day possible". Hank Stram

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    If Weis had been calling pass plays in that weather with the lead, we would have lost.

Definitely!!! It was bad!

.... how bout those fans!!!! we were loud and proud a wins a win

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Geez, you Cassel haters have to step away from the edge. I was not all that excited about what Cassel did on the field, but having gone back and watched the game again, I take away two things.

1. The offensive line is still sucking up the field. Cassel was sacked early when O' Callahan waved the Mack truck through. Additionally, there were a lot of running plays for no gain because our line lost the trench battle on offense.

2. Drops once again raise their ugly head. Bowe had one that was clearly catchable and should have been caught. There was clearly 4 other passes that should have been caught! Honestly, these guys get paid to catch those types of passes. If these guys want to be called elite receivers, they have to give Cassel a little help and catch the damn ball!

Seriously, how do you guys expect Cassel or Weis to trust the passing game when our receivers are having such a hard time catching the ball?

And another thing, this nonsensical BS of catching a pass 2 yards short of the first down marker has got to stop! If it is 3rd and 8, then Charles has no business catching a pass and running out of bounds 2 yards short of the marker. Don't they practice that?

If I was Weis, with the weather, the offensive line play, and the receiver drops, I would have walked away from the pass as well.

One more thing. When you are leading by two touchdowns, you are NOT going to see a lot of deep passes from this team. This team is built to run the ball and they are going to eat up the clock, which is exactly what they were doing last night!
    This...whole thing! Good post!

Another thing Cassel did right was NOT throwing the interception or putting the ball on the ground. Yes he held onto the ball too long, but when it's third and long with an "O" line that has problems with the blitz and receivers that didn't get open I'd rather see him take a sack then to throw a pick out of desperation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Geez, you Cassel haters have to step away from the edge. I was not all that excited about what Cassel did on the field, but having gone back and watched the game again, I take away two things.

1. The offensive line is still sucking up the field. Cassel was sacked early when O' Callahan waved the Mack truck through. Additionally, there were a lot of running plays for no gain because our line lost the trench battle on offense.

2. Drops once again raise their ugly head. Bowe had one that was clearly catchable and should have been caught. There was clearly 4 other passes that should have been caught! Honestly, these guys get paid to catch those types of passes. If these guys want to be called elite receivers, they have to give Cassel a little help and catch the damn ball!

Seriously, how do you guys expect Cassel or Weis to trust the passing game when our receivers are having such a hard time catching the ball?

And another thing, this nonsensical BS of catching a pass 2 yards short of the first down marker has got to stop! If it is 3rd and 8, then Charles has no business catching a pass and running out of bounds 2 yards short of the marker. Don't they practice that?

If I was Weis, with the weather, the offensive line play, and the receiver drops, I would have walked away from the pass as well.

One more thing. When you are leading by two touchdowns, you are NOT going to see a lot of deep passes from this team. This team is built to run the ball and they are going to eat up the clock, which is exactly what they were doing last night!
    While I'm not ready to go throwing Cassell off the ledge I'll have to disagree.

1. Either the offensive line sucked or it was good enough to let the Chiefs run the ball at will, give him time to throw passes or not. If you gave the line half as much of a chance as you've been giving Cassell nothing would have been said. For as many times as you can count a guy getting thru to sack Cassell I can remember the line giving him 4 or 5 seconds to hold onto the ball only to eat it. Granted we only had 135 yards rushing but it was also in the rain, it ranks 5th in the league right now and per attempt we had 5.2 yards. Granted most of that is because of JC's 65 yard TD run but don't you have to have good blocking to do that?

2. Yes drops reared their ugly head again but the two I remember involved Bowe. He dropped the 1st pass one the 1st play of the game because Cassell was hit as he let it go so it was underthrown, into double coverage with a 3rd coming over to hit Bowe as he was up ended. The 2nd drop of Bowe's was underthrown to his outside shoulder. Not an easy catch and I don't care how much you get paid when you add the rain in that's damn near impossible. The other passes I can't speak to but c'mon now, you're acting like receivers should be able to catch anything thrown to them regardless of how it's thrown.

I will agree with you that JC should have known where the 1st down marker was (I'm assuming you're talking about the end of the game when JC went out of bound a few yards shy of the 1st). But mistakes happen and you could see as soon as he caught the ball, turned to run and couldn't turn it up that he was ticked off at himself. It happens, we've got the luxury of being armchair QB's looking at something over and over again on tape and then rehashing it time and time over when JC had mere seconds.

Amen to the not airing it out on bad weather! People that think we needed to pass in pouring rain with a two TD lead just need to simmer down.

Bottom line is we got the win, everyone is learning and the team seems to be gellin like Magellan. I'm not ready to throw Cassell off the boat but at the end of the year if he's not getting the job done this he'll be better next year stuff needs to go. And yes I'm partial to Bowe but that same comment applies to him. Get it done or get gone.
    Last edited by OPLookn; 09-15-2010 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    While I'm not ready to go throwing Cassell off the ledge I'll have to disagree.

1. Either the offensive line sucked or it was good enough to let the Chiefs run the ball at will, give him time to throw passes or not. If you gave the line half as much of a chance as you've been giving Cassell nothing would have been said. For as many times as you can count a guy getting thru to sack Cassell I can remember the line giving him 4 or 5 seconds to hold onto the ball only to eat it. Granted we only had 135 yards rushing but it was also in the rain, it ranks 5th in the league right now and per attempt we had 5.2 yards. Granted most of that is because of JC's 65 yard TD run but don't you have to have good blocking to do that?
    Not to take away anything from that play as it was really good and we will take it any day, but if you remove that play from the yardage gained, and average out the running plays you get 2.6 yards per carry.

Sorry guys, if we are going to call ourselves a running team, then we have to get better than that period. Again, the 65 yard run is great, but we cannot count on having one of those everygame, that is why those blockers really need to get better and win that trench warfare on offense.

And as down as I am on Bowe, when I watched the replay of the game, did anyone notice that the key block that broke Charles came from Bowe? That was an incredible block and if he did not make it, the game would have been quite a bit different.

So with that is what I am saying that the offensive line is still not up to speed, I hope they get better, but they are not where they need to be.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Even the announcers were talking about th4e dropped passes. I guess some people expect him to throw it and catch it
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Still not impressed with Mr. Bowe.......

What a fricken game though!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12