Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the new Arrowhead sounded like the old Arrowhead

Default the new Arrowhead sounded like the old Arrowhead

OK here I am. And kudos' to the Chiefs for playing a hard fought game. As far as I can see the actual only hole is the passing game. All other facets of the game were really pretty good with the exception of a couple blown coverages and missed tackles but otherwise it was a nice win. As I stood there in the rain and cold it reminded me of days gone by. Arrowhead was beyond LOUD! I'll leave with just five words.
    Cassel has got to go.
    "As I matriculate my way down the field of life, I will never forget this moment and you wonderful people who helped make this day possible". Hank Stram

I don't think cassel was all the bad? He had 1 td and 0 inteceptions. Granted he only threw for 68 yards but what's wrong with that? He didn't need to throw that much he has his running attack win the game for them. Geez give the dude some time.

It wasnt all his fault they didnt pass alot we pounded it in thier @$$

If Weis had been calling pass plays in that weather with the lead, we would have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    If Weis had been calling pass plays in that weather with the lead, we would have lost.

I agree the weather was a HUGE factor in our playcalling when you have a lead at home in that weather it's not the best idea to be airing the ball out. Maybe we could have thrown the ball a little more but it all worked out in the end.

The main thing here is the Win.........also the 0 int's. I don't know if our defense could have held the bolts if we gave them another chance.

Stopped them fourth and short early in the quarter too, that was an amazing goal line stand had a bygone era feel to it!

Heres to our "new" defense

and a drink for all the folks that wrote this group off preseason

Well done Chiefs. Well done.

The defense gave up a lot of yards in that second half, but the yards they didn't give up were the most important.

Funny how even after a great game like last night, the only player that didn't show up is the player everyone is worried about. MATT CASSEL. I was with my freinds at a bar last night watching the jets game before the Chiefs game and as pittiful as Mark Sanchez played, a freind of mine bet me that Mark Sanchez 74 yrds would still be more then Matt Cassel. Of course Matt Cassel loses me that bet with 68 yrds passing. Pathetic. He gets a free pass from me this week because we won. How long will that last though seriously. We need him to be more confident and accurate with his throws. Everyone else is doing a great job. GO CHIEFS!

Geez, you Cassel haters have to step away from the edge. I was not all that excited about what Cassel did on the field, but having gone back and watched the game again, I take away two things.

1. The offensive line is still sucking up the field. Cassel was sacked early when O' Callahan waved the Mack truck through. Additionally, there were a lot of running plays for no gain because our line lost the trench battle on offense.

2. Drops once again raise their ugly head. Bowe had one that was clearly catchable and should have been caught. There was clearly 4 other passes that should have been caught! Honestly, these guys get paid to catch those types of passes. If these guys want to be called elite receivers, they have to give Cassel a little help and catch the damn ball!

Seriously, how do you guys expect Cassel or Weis to trust the passing game when our receivers are having such a hard time catching the ball?

And another thing, this nonsensical BS of catching a pass 2 yards short of the first down marker has got to stop! If it is 3rd and 8, then Charles has no business catching a pass and running out of bounds 2 yards short of the marker. Don't they practice that?

If I was Weis, with the weather, the offensive line play, and the receiver drops, I would have walked away from the pass as well.

One more thing. When you are leading by two touchdowns, you are NOT going to see a lot of deep passes from this team. This team is built to run the ball and they are going to eat up the clock, which is exactly what they were doing last night!
    Last edited by Hayvern; 09-15-2010 at 01:33 AM.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast