Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Default The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

THE GOOD;
    the defense was stout against the run, had good pressure early on passing downs..will continue to get better as the season goes on.

THE BAD:
    Matt Cassell, poor throws, poor decisions, must elevate his game if we hope to contend.

THE UGLY:
    the offensive play calling, and that's what it was "OFFENSIVE", especially after we built the 21-7 lead. why didn't we throw on first downs, why did we constantly have 3rd & long, why didn't we let Cassell earn his pay and throw downfield. we just went into a shell and prayed rivers imploded, which he did, mainly cause he was so pissssssssd at his center for not snapping in time. but a win is a win and it is GRRRREAT!!!

C

I agree. I was getting really frustrated in the 2nd half. It almost felt like Weis wanted to let them back in the game with the plays he was calling. Maybe he couldn't see the field up there in the box. I'm so glad we hung on, because it felt for sure that SD was going to come back.

Also, not enough Jamaal Charles!!!

back to 3 and out. will it ever change???
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    back to 3 and out. will it ever change???
    Not until the recievers can hold on to the ball when it hits them in the hands and the line can give Matt more than 2 seconds to get ride of the ball we will see many 3 and out.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Not until the recievers can hold on to the ball when it hits them in the hands and the line can give Matt more than 2 seconds to get ride of the ball we will see many 3 and out.

looks like Bowe is another drop and smile.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

i won't beat on bowe yet, his drops were not easy catches on a dry day, add the rain in...i'll giv him a wait and see pass

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    i won't beat on bowe yet, his drops were not easy catches on a dry day, add the rain in...i'll giv him a wait and see pass
    good receivers make tuff catch's. this is prime time. I thought he had this problem solved. we'll see

Thats fine but people are ragging on Matt for being a bad QB but if he puts it in the hands of his receivers that is all he can do so until Bowe and company start catching the balls that hit their hands I will put blame on them as much or more than Cassel.

THE GOOD;
    the defense was stout against the run, had good pressure early on passing downs..will continue to get better as the season goes on.

THE BAD:
    Matt Cassell, poor throws, poor decisions, must elevate his game if we hope to contend.

THE UGLY:
    the offensive play calling, and that's what it was "OFFENSIVE", especially after we built the 21-7 lead. why didn't we throw on first downs, why did we constantly have 3rd & long, why didn't we let Cassell earn his pay and throw downfield. we just went into a shell and prayed rivers imploded, which he did, mainly cause he was so pissssssssd at his center for not snapping in time. but a win is a win and it is GRRRREAT!!!

C
    I also thought the D did a good job on the run and the secondary for the most part did a good job. Yeah, they let a couple of big plays happen which I think they'll correct. The thing that concerns me is the "D" line still. It was good to see some pressure applied to Rivers, but I feel it wasn't enough. There were too many times when Rivers had all day to throw the ball. And if the weather had been better it have been disasterous. I think Cassell needs to step up his game as well or defenses will stack the box against Charles and Jones and especially Bowe. He had two passes that he should of caught, that's why you get paid the big bucks! I also agree that the play calling in the second half was terrible, very predictable. I'm happy for the win, but those are the areas I see that we need to improve on.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Quote Originally Posted by OTR Chiefs fan View Post
    I also thought the D did a good job on the run and the secondary for the most part did a good job. Yeah, they let a couple of big plays happen which I think they'll correct. The thing that concerns me is the "D" line still. It was good to see some pressure applied to Rivers, but I feel it wasn't enough. There were too many times when Rivers had all day to throw the ball. And if the weather had been better it have been disasterous. I think Cassell needs to step up his game as well or defenses will stack the box against Charles and Jones and especially Bowe. He had two passes that he should of caught, that's why you get paid the big bucks! I also agree that the play calling in the second half was terrible, very predictable. I'm happy for the win, but those are the areas I see that we need to improve on.

Can we hold off on bagging on Bowe until he drops a pass that was right in his bread basket and not being up ended and then hit while being up ended? Seriously...the guy dropped two passes. One Cassell threw into triple coverage as Bowe got up ended and then hit. The other was GROSSLY behind him and glanced off his shoulder in rain...

Let's just celebrate a win!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast