Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jamaal Charles

Default Jamaal Charles

Why is Haley benching the best player again? I just don't get it. I understand rotation, but to not give him carries or get him out on the field is insanity. If he is on the field, he makes plays, even if he doesn't get the ball, he still makes the defense's stomach churn.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

this gonna be another RB by committee ??
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    EXACTLY.

Jammal Charles is not starting because he is not the leader of men that Thomas Jones is.

Thomas Jones is one of those very very rare players in the NFL that is a GIFTED leader. Sure there is always a leader on a team, but this is a talent Jones has. He gets his teammates to change their behavior, bad work ethic or habits and never has to say a word. Teammates naturally just want to be like him. He is special.

He was also the THIRD best running back in the league last year. Jammal Charles is talented yes, but he is not the leader of that Locker Room. You can not have Thomas Jones on your roster looking up to Jammal Charles. It doesn't compute.

It makes perfect sense to start Jones, be the mentor to Jammal Charles that makes Charles great, let Jammal continue to prove himself and make dramatic runs for TD's, and the system works beautifully.

By the way, we doubted the logic with Derrick Johnson and look how that played out.
    Oh, god...

Look, I get it. Thomas Jones is a great leader. He's a great person. His father was a coal miner. He's the greatest locker room presence of all-time. He had 1400 yards last year. He's getting better with age. He walks on water, etc. etc. etc.

BUT JAMAAL CHARLES IS ONE OF THE MOST TALENTED BACKS IN THE LEAGUE! If we had Nelson Mandela, do we start him just because he's a great person/leader? Hell no! We start the player who gives us the best chance to win. That's Jamaal Charles! He had the most yards per carry last year, out of anybody in the league!

As they say on ESPN, C'mon Man!!!

I'm getting all worked up here, but seriously. Give Charles 20 carries a game, a mediocre passing game, and the defense/special teams we saw on Monday, and we are in the playoffs this year.
    Last edited by yashi; 09-15-2010 at 12:06 PM.

I do think Haley has a concern with Charles fumbline. Not like the two fumbles from Jones in the pre-season wasn't a concern, but Haley went into protetion mode and wanted to just pound the ball up the middle.

The couple late Carries Charles got, San Diego keyed in on him and bent him in some painful looking tackles.

I can't defend this very much, specially when the team is putning the ball with 12 seconds left on the play clock and the clock was running... But I am not trying to get on this negative thrashing that people feel like they need to do after a win.

One game into the season and this is already popping up?

Not many teams have the luxury of having 2 very good HB on the team, some don't even have the luxury of one. If you are going to be a running team, which we will be, you NEED to have 2 guys who can get the job done.

I think both Jones and Charles would have had more carries on Monday night if our Offense could get a 1st down to save their life. In a game where we were trying to hold on to the lead in the 2nd half, I have no problem with giving the ball to Jones. He is known for his ability to hold on the the ball and wear a Defense down.

I honestly believe that, for now, Charles will have more success if we use him to spell Jones. Jones can come in and get the dirty work done and Charles can come in with fresh legs and run the ball against a tired Defense.

Charles IS a great player and will continue growing as a player. With that being said, we are NOT a great team. I know we all want to believe we will be a serious contender just like every fan of every team wants to believe, but we need Charles for the long run. Why waste his legs on a season that will probably be average at best when we need him for the future?

Well lets break it down.....

Beginning of the game it was Jones, Jones, Jones...... in the 3rd series, they put in Charles, it catches the Chargers off guard and he breaks a run for 56 yards.

Looks like the game plan worked for me. Anyone else?
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Well lets break it down.....

Beginning of the game it was Jones, Jones, Jones...... in the 3rd series, they put in Charles, it catches the Chargers off guard and he breaks a run for 56 yards.

Looks like the game plan worked for me. Anyone else?
    Agreed and rep added, that is exactly what I think they are going for with this trio.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

The plan does need some revision. Charles simply needs moe carries than Jones. TJ can get short yardage carries and some second down carries, but JC is simply electric and can turn nothing into a huge game.

Ok, I can see some points that are pretty valid. But what I am getting is this the way its going to be all year round? Haley has a track record for doing crap like this...like with DJ for instance. I just don't want to see JC on the sideline when he could be lining up in the slot or far wide or in the back field being a distraction of some sort.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

This is only an issue because really the whole offense didn't get the job done. If we don't have so many 3 and out Charles would have had more carries as would jones. They ended up with the same amount of carries. That's just playing the two stud rbs we have not anyone being benched.

Oh and just in case you didn't know the numbers.....

Jones 11 carries for 39 yards
    Charles 11 carries for 92 yards. You take away the big run for 56 yards and he was only 10 for 36 yards. Just about the same as Jones.

Jones is a solid back and Charles is so quick out the box. As long as they're putting up good numbers together, I don't really think it matters who gets the ball. And if the Chiefs offensive starts getting first downs and more plays, we'll see more carries from both of them.

I prefer to see Charles though.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast