Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Jamaal Charles

Default Jamaal Charles

Why is Haley benching the best player again? I just don't get it. I understand rotation, but to not give him carries or get him out on the field is insanity. If he is on the field, he makes plays, even if he doesn't get the ball, he still makes the defense's stomach churn.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

we only had 3 play drives, no one is gonna get many touches that way

Charles did real good for the amount of carries that he got. I look for him to do even bigger and better things this season. Starting next week at the Browns.

One thing that I think really applies here to the number of plays that the Chiefs had overall was the strategy that Haley used when the team was ahead.

Haley admitted that he went very conservative with the lead. He stated that he told the guys they all needed to protect the football above all else. He did not want one overstretched play to turn into 6 because someone lost control of a wet football in the rain. He also made a statement that he would have rather punted 17 times than turn the ball over once.

I believe that played a huge part in how Cassel was throwing the ball and how the runningbacks were running.

It is not about individual player statistics, it is about winning games. In that, I am with Haley all the way.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I actually don't mind it. It will keep him healthy and his legs young for years to come. If Chris Johnson keeps getting used the way he is, I don't see how he'll have anything left in 3 years.
    -tg1979

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    One thing that I think really applies here to the number of plays that the Chiefs had overall was the strategy that Haley used when the team was ahead.

Haley admitted that he went very conservative with the lead. He stated that he told the guys they all needed to protect the football above all else. He did not want one overstretched play to turn into 6 because someone lost control of a wet football in the rain. He also made a statement that he would have rather punted 17 times than turn the ball over once.

I believe that played a huge part in how Cassel was throwing the ball and how the runningbacks were running.

It is not about individual player statistics, it is about winning games. In that, I am with Haley all the way.
    In that weather I think playing like we did was the best. One Turnover from us gets them back in the game sooner and then we might not have been able to hold on. I don't want to see that every time we get a lead but in that spot I think that it was the right move to play the way we did.

yups

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I told all of my fantasy buddies to avoid picking Jones or Charles, simply because they are going to be sharing the carries this season.

And I am OK with that.
    I did that too. But I also took Charles every chance I got.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Well lets break it down.....

Beginning of the game it was Jones, Jones, Jones...... in the 3rd series, they put in Charles, it catches the Chargers off guard and he breaks a run for 56 yards.

Looks like the game plan worked for me. Anyone else?
    Well, to be fair, he was "taking defenses by surprise" without that element of surprise last season.

It worked. So I have no complaints. But I can't agree that the "surprise" was a major factor.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Oh and just in case you didn't know the numbers.....

Jones 11 carries for 39 yards
    Charles 11 carries for 92 yards. You take away the big run for 56 yards and he was only 10 for 36 yards. Just about the same as Jones.

Jones is a solid back and Charles is so quick out the box. As long as they're putting up good numbers together, I don't really think it matters who gets the ball. And if the Chiefs offensive starts getting first downs and more plays, we'll see more carries from both of them.

I prefer to see Charles though.
    Taking away Charles' most successful play, the two look pretty even.

Are we just taking away that one play for the purposes of making them appear even?

Charles is definitely the weapon on this offense. The threat of breaking a long TD is exactly what makes Charles the more valuable player.

Having said that, I am still fine with how they managed the carries in A WIN OVER THE CHARGERS!!!!!

I may have some concerns from this game. But no complaints, as many of my concerns prior to this game were significantly eased.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234