Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jamaal Charles

Default Jamaal Charles

Why is Haley benching the best player again? I just don't get it. I understand rotation, but to not give him carries or get him out on the field is insanity. If he is on the field, he makes plays, even if he doesn't get the ball, he still makes the defense's stomach churn.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Jones and Charles had 11 carries each. Not understanding what you're trying to say???
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Guys, we only had 49 plays, of those 26 were rushes and 22 were passes. I just don't see what you guys are complaining about. Do you think we should not play Jones at all? Why are we paying him to be on the team then?

Charles and Jones are two different kinds of runners, it keeps the offense on their toes. I would like to personally see more plays where we have both Charles and Jones in the backfield, but that is going to be very hard to do when the offensive line is still not gelling.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Jones and Charles had 11 carries each. Not understanding what you're trying to say???
    The guy with better yds per carry should get the majority.

I dunno what Charles was but im sure it was way better than Jones.

But Haley is an idiot.

I wanna say Charles average last year was 5.9. Or 5.9 after Johnson left.

Alls i know is the only guy better than Jamall Charles last year after he got the starting job was Chris Johnson. Thats a Fact!

The load needs to be more like 70% Charles 30% Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    The guy with better yds per carry should get the majority.

I dunno what Charles was but im sure it was way better than Jones.

But Haley is an idiot.

I wanna say Charles average last year was 5.9. Or 5.9 after Johnson left.

Alls i know is the only guy better than Jamall Charles last year after he got the starting job was Chris Johnson. Thats a Fact!

The load needs to be more like 70% Charles 30% Jones.
    Aside from the one long run, they both ran about the same. The one long run was really cool though!!!

Seriously though, both players had some decent carries last night. I like what Haley is doing with the running game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Aside from the one long run, they both ran about the same. The one long run was really cool though!!!

Seriously though, both players had some decent carries last night. I like what Haley is doing with the running game right now.
    Do you think that Jones wouldve been able to outrun the DBs like that? No.

We may have missed some more long runs that Charles may have gotten.

You won't see him get as many carries as other premier backs in the league mainly due to the possibility of his lightness of pounding the ball for short yardage situations against run defence formations.We have no answers for the passing game yet so I'm sure BOTH will get fed the ball quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Do you think that Jones wouldve been able to outrun the DBs like that? No.

We may have missed some more long runs that Charles may have gotten.
    No, but I also don't believe that Charles wears down defenses like Jones does either, especially those on the defensive line.

My opinion of course, I just want to keep the defenses guessing, and this team is going to be a running team. We are going to give defenses a lot of different things to look at. It is ALWAYS going to be bigger than just one player.

I told all of my fantasy buddies to avoid picking Jones or Charles, simply because they are going to be sharing the carries this season.

And I am OK with that.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    He only got 11 carries but thats the same amount that Jones got. What made it such a small number is the amount of 3 and outs we had. If we had gotten more 1st downs he would have had more carries. It's that simple.
    If he had more carries, we would have had more 1st downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    You won't see him get as many carries as other premier backs in the league mainly due to the possibility of his lightness of pounding the ball for short yardage situations against run defence formations.We have no answers for the passing game yet so I'm sure BOTH will get fed the ball quite a bit.
    Ugh. He is exactly the same size as Chris Johnson, and Charles had over 20 carries a game in basically every game he started last season and showed no signs of slowing down at any point. I hate the durability argument. There's no reason not to get him the ball 15-20 times at a minimum, even if it means less carries for Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    He only got 11 carries but thats the same amount that Jones got. What made it such a small number is the amount of 3 and outs we had. If we had gotten more 1st downs he would have had more carries. It's that simple.
    EXACTLY.

Jammal Charles is not starting because he is not the leader of men that Thomas Jones is.

Thomas Jones is one of those very very rare players in the NFL that is a GIFTED leader. Sure there is always a leader on a team, but this is a talent Jones has. He gets his teammates to change their behavior, bad work ethic or habits and never has to say a word. Teammates naturally just want to be like him. He is special.

He was also the THIRD best running back in the league last year. Jammal Charles is talented yes, but he is not the leader of that Locker Room. You can not have Thomas Jones on your roster looking up to Jammal Charles. It doesn't compute.

It makes perfect sense to start Jones, be the mentor to Jammal Charles that makes Charles great, let Jammal continue to prove himself and make dramatic runs for TD's, and the system works beautifully.

By the way, we doubted the logic with Derrick Johnson and look how that played out.
    Last edited by KCINNYC; 09-15-2010 at 10:35 AM.
    Resident Ambassador!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast