Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 178

Thread: OK its official, Cassel F***in sucks!!

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default OK its official, Cassel F***in sucks!!


    0 Not allowed!
    We have no offense at all, this sucks.

  2. #151
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    He was a very large part of the offense. Tony G. joined the Chiefs in 1997. He was traded in 2009. During those 12 seasons here, he led the Chiefs in receiving seven times. Below are the years and the receiving leaders and the records.

    1997 - Rison (13-3)
    1998 - Alexander (7-9)
    1999 - Gonzalez (9-7)
    2000 - Alexander (7-9)
    2001 - Gonzalez (6-10)
    2002 - Kennison (8-8)
    2003 - Gonzalez (13-3)
    2004 - Gonzalez (7-9)
    2005 - Kennison (10-6)
    2006 - Gonzalez (9-7)
    2007 - Gonzalez (4-12)
    2008 - Gonzalez (2-14)

    With Gonzalez at the primary reciver, we went 50-62 (.446 winning percentage).

    With someone emerged as the primary receiver, we went 45-35 (.562 winning percentage).

    These numbers aren't accidents. Nor that in 2003 Gonzalez got the most help from the WR corps and from Holmes receiving.

    This isn't to take away from Tony Gonzalez. He was the greatest TE in NFL history. It just demonstrates that it's a worrisome statistic when your TE is your leading receiver. You should want your WRs leading the team in receiving yardage for all the reasons I stated in earlier posts. If they're not, it's a bad sign.
    Take out the last two years where the whole team sucked and the record is 46-38. Im not saying I dont want a better WR, and I think Tony is an exception to the tule, but we did alright with him being one of our main threats.(Especially as the guy with sure hands on 3rd downs) That being said, we definitely need to upgrade the WR corps.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  3. #152
    Member Since
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    786
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Take out the last two years where the whole team sucked and the record is 46-38. Im not saying I dont want a better WR, and I think Tony is an exception to the tule, but we did alright with him being one of our main threats.(Especially as the guy with sure hands on 3rd downs) That being said, we definitely need to upgrade the WR corps.
    Actually, it's 44-36. But you can't ditch the worst years like that. I mean, if you ditch the one 13-3 year in 2003, we went 37-59 with Gonzalez as the primary reciever.

    One of the reasons we finished 6-26 in 2008-2009 was because our passing game was so anemic in its passing (Croyle, Thigpen, Huard), its receivers (Bowe, Bradley, and whoever else), and our pass protection(Waters, Albert, and trash). And because our passing game was so anemic, our TE was getting the majority of the yardage. Which means we weren't throwing the ball long, and that we weren't getting many yards per attempt (Y/A).

    It isn't that Tony being one of our main guys was a bad thing. Just that teams in which the TE is the primary receiver tend to do worse than teams in which a WR is the primary reciever. If a TE is your primary receiver, it means you're probably getting lower-than-average yards per attempt, because TEs necessarily run shorter routes. Your QBs passing accuracy is probably lower than average, because TEs are blockers on at least a percentage of passing plays. It probably means you're getting sacked more, because you aren't using the TE as a blocker as much as most teams.

    It's just a statistical indicator that your passing game isn't very good. Just like all statistical indicators, there are outliers (2006 Colts in run defense, 2000 Ravens in passing offense). But it shows us that our QB, WRs, and (maybe) protection need to massively step up.

  4. #153
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I hear what you are saying, and I agree. tony G in the exception to a rule. But you are right, I hope Moeaki is not our #1
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  5. #154
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    673
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    He is not that bad. I was anti Cassel because of the money we payed him. I think he struggled because of what our o line did to him last year. Happy feet and can't focus. He focused in the 2nd half last game. He should be good this week.
    It starts with the Offensive line

  6. #155
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,405
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    He is not that bad. I was anti Cassel because of the money we payed him. I think he struggled because of what our o line did to him last year. Happy feet and can't focus. He focused in the 2nd half last game. He should be good this week.
    I hope so, because we need him to improve his play, and play to his potential. We need that!

  7. #156
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    He is not that bad. I was anti Cassel because of the money we payed him. I think he struggled because of what our o line did to him last year. Happy feet and can't focus. He focused in the 2nd half last game. He should be good this week.
    I could care less what kind of $$ they pay him. In reality it was smart the way thay paid him cause if id does not work out then we can dump him with a minimal cap hit. I would like to see more improvement on the field though.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  8. #157
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I could care less what kind of $$ they pay him. In reality it was smart the way thay paid him cause if id does not work out then we can dump him with a minimal cap hit. I would like to see more improvement on the field though.

    The only reason I disaproved of his contract extention was because he was all-but guaranteed to struggle last season, and would have come far cheaper, with the same structure, during this past offseason.

    But, like you, I really don't care what he is paid. Especially when we aren't really spending money anyway.

  9. #158
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lewisville, TX (Dallas)
    Posts
    1,192
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The only reason I disaproved of his contract extention was because he was all-but guaranteed to struggle last season, and would have come far cheaper, with the same structure, during this past offseason.

    But, like you, I really don't care what he is paid. Especially when we aren't really spending money anyway.
    I agree with you what difference what we are paying him as long as it is not stopping from signing someone else because his salary was putting us in cap he|| which it is not so why keep bringing it up who cares, how does his salary hurt the team?

  10. #159
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,958
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I agree with you what difference what we are paying him as long as it is not stopping from signing someone else because his salary was putting us in cap he|| which it is not so why keep bringing it up who cares, how does his salary hurt the team?
    I had herd, the Chiefs had the second lowest Salary in the NFL this year behind Tampa Bay, both teams are 2-0.

    Ironic that the Cow Pies have the highest salary and they are 0-2.

  11. #160
    Member Since
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    786
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I had herd, the Chiefs had the second lowest Salary in the NFL this year behind Tampa Bay, both teams are 2-0.

    Ironic that the Cow Pies have the highest salary and they are 0-2.
    The Vikings hav the second highest salary and are 0-2 as well.

Similar Threads

  1. Matt Cassel SUCKS
    By Jimpac in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-15-2010, 01:40 AM
  2. This sucks
    By dale6734 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 01:52 AM
  3. NY Times Post (It's official, Cassel sucks)
    By sdeberg74 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 07:23 PM
  4. fantasy sucks
    By Pro_Angler in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 11:22 PM
  5. Today Sucks
    By Canada in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 04:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •