Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: OK its official, Cassel F***in sucks!!

Default OK its official, Cassel F***in sucks!!

We have no offense at all, this sucks.

Weiss is touted as a great developer of QBs. And his track record is difficult to argue with.

Just wondering what our expectations are for a timeline of said development.

Albeit, I would expect better progress through two games. But I am far from surprised at the struggles of this developing process.

Now, I want to be clear here. I am far from confident that Cassel even can be transformed from a drop back and wait for patterns to open up kind of QB to a quick reading sort.

I didn't like the trade we made for him. I still don't really like it.

But I am not really even close to calling it after two games. (Both wins)

While I sincerely doubt his abilty to be a great QB in this offense, I have very little doubt that he will be better than he was today.

But honestly, is two games the standard for measuring the development of a QB?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Weiss is touted as a great developer of QBs. And his track record is difficult to argue with.

Albeit, I would expect better progress through two games. But I am far from surprised at the struggles of this developing process.

Now, I want to be clear here. I am far from confident that Cassel even can be transformed from a drop back and wait for patterns to open up kind of QB to a quick reading sort.

While I sincerely doubt his abilty to be a great QB in this offense, I have very little doubt that he will be better than he was today.

couldnt agree more!!!!!! I just want to see improvement like you. But im worried we wont. I'm worried that they wont make a change when they should like so many teams dont do with struggling QB's for whatever thier reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Like what is happening or not, we are undefeated thus far. I agree, 2 games does a season not make. It seems some just want to point out the things that are not up to snuff. Hard to evaluate everything after 2 games. One of which was in the pouring rain! Will we finish 16-0? Not hardly but even as pesamistic as I can be, I choose to enjoy the 2 wins this week.

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    Cassel's efficiency numbers are scary, 55.8
    Cassel hasn't been good. Frankly, our whole offense not named Jamaal Charles has been poor. This specifically includes Charlie Weis. We've won the past two games due to Jamaal Charles, our special teams, and our defense.

I don't think we'll keep winning games unless Cassel, Bowe, Albert, and especially Weis step it up. But God, these past two wins have been sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    couldnt agree more!!!!!! I just want to see improvement like you. But im worried we wont. I'm worried that they wont make a change when they should like so many teams dont do with struggling QB's for whatever thier reasons.
    My expectations for this season are only that we become competetive. Not that we be competetive right now. Just that we become a team that opponents no longer take lightly.

If we exceed expectations, then GREAT! But I never expected Cassel to play well coming out of the gates this year.

I expect him to "BECOME" a competetive QB. There is a process to that and the first two steps I expect to be at the wrong end of the spectrum.

If he still looks terrible midway through the season, then I am likley to start speaking out against him.

But, in going from "not good" at making quick decisions, to "good" at it, I expect the first couple of steps to be at the "not good" end.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    Like what is happening or not, we are undefeated thus far. I agree, 2 games does a season not make. It seems some just want to point out the things that are not up to snuff. Hard to evaluate everything after 2 games. One of which was in the pouring rain! Will we finish 16-0? Not hardly but even as pesamistic as I can be, I choose to enjoy the 2 wins this week.
    Absolutely!

And the best news of all is that this a team that I expect to get better. And to start out with two wins before we get better is huge!

Before we start thinking about Matt Cassel's ability, lets look at who he has to throw the ball to...We have two starting recievers that are unable to stretch the field, a rookie TE, and another rookie coming in off special teams for the occassional slot route and knows zero on the offensive playbook...With the running attack we have there should be no issues with our receivers getting separation on play action passes and THEY ARE NOT!! Matt Cassel holds on to the ball too long. Is it his inability to find open receivers? Or, are our receivers unable to get open? I'm watching the games on the tube so my vision of the field is limited...Perhaps someone that attended the game can chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    Before we start thinking about Matt Cassel's ability, lets look at who he has to throw the ball to...We have two starting recievers that are unable to stretch the field, a rookie TE, and another rookie coming in off special teams for the occassional slot route and knows zero on the offensive playbook...With the running attack we have there should be no issues with our receivers getting separation on play action passes and THEY ARE NOT!! Matt Cassel holds on to the ball too long. Is it his inability to find open receivers? Or, are our receivers unable to get open? I'm watching the games on the tube so my vision of the field is limited...Perhaps someone that attended the game can chime in.
    Eh, I'm past all excuses for Cassel. Yeah, our WRs and OL could be better. Much better. But Tyler Thigpen and Damon Huard turned Bowe into a 1000 yard WR, while managing not to get sacked 3 times a game. You telling me Cassel can't do it?

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Eh, I'm past all excuses for Cassel. Yeah, our WRs and OL could be better. Much better. But Tyler Thigpen and Damon Huard turned Bowe into a 1000 yard WR, while managing not to get sacked 3 times a game. You telling me Cassel can't do it?
    Eh, Those two QB's had Tony Gonzalez (which commanded double teams) that forced the heat off of the wideouts.

As fans we can wait and see...if that is what you want! If you believe Cassel is the QB to take us into the future, go ahead and keep waiting. You can blame the line as much as you want and hope for better NEXT YEAR. I will not try to argue that we have the best line in the NFL, I will say it is far from the worst. If we continue as we are now, no matter how improved the defense is, we need an offense to move the ball. We can not count on the defense or special teams to win games. It may have worked so far...but week 5 and 6 will need an offense. San Francisco is still a hurdle and we could be in real trouble if we can not move the ball. We can enjoy being undefeated to this point, one thing is sure we are STUCK

As fans we can wait and see...if that is what you want! If you believe Cassel is the QB to take us into the future, go ahead and keep waiting. You can blame the line as much as you want and hope for better NEXT YEAR. I will not try to argue that we have the best line in the NFL, I will say it is far from the worst. If we continue as we are now, no matter how improved the defense is, we need an offense to move the ball. We can not count on the defense or special teams to win games. It may have worked so far...but week 5 and 6 will need an offense. San Francisco is still a hurdle and we could be in real trouble if we can not move the ball. We can enjoy being undefeated to this point, one thing is sure we are STUCK with Cassel until next year.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast