Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another wasted draft...

Hybrid View

Default Another wasted draft...

Who would draft a reciever in the 1st round and a kicker in the 5th round? Carl Peterson, thats who. What a
    bumbling idiot. Who would call a pass play on 3rd and one from the 16? With our million dollar back waiting to earn his money?! Mike Solari, thats who. Who is allowing
    these two braindead clowns to remain at the helm of our
    hometown team? You and me and all the rest of the
    Chiefs fans, thats who. Now is the time to put this
    mediocrity to bed and send these two has-beens home
    for the holidays - for good. Herm needs to board the same plane - we already have a defensive coordinater.
    Clark, please save us from another decade of false hopes and empty promises. Its gonna take a football
    man - not a salesman - to take our Chiefs to the
    promise land.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Who would draft a reciever in the 1st round and a kicker in the 5th round? Carl Peterson, thats who. What a
    bumbling idiot. Who would call a pass play on 3rd and one from the 16? With our million dollar back waiting to earn his money?! Mike Solari, thats who. Who is allowing
    these two braindead clowns to remain at the helm of our
    hometown team? You and me and all the rest of the
    Chiefs fans, thats who. Now is the time to put this
    mediocrity to bed and send these two has-beens home
    for the holidays - for good. Herm needs to board the same plane - we already have a defensive coordinater.
    Clark, please save us from another decade of false hopes and empty promises. Its gonna take a football
    man - not a salesman - to take our Chiefs to the
    promise land.
    I don't think that Bowe has been a bad pick. I do think we needed to pay more attention to the O-line, skip drafting a kicker, and kept Tynes. That's about the only thing I really saw wrong with the draft.

As far as play calling, I agree that Herm sucks. If he's going off of what Solari is saying to do, then Solari sucks as well. Our O-line needs to be more aggressive, we're running when we should be passing & vice versa, and Herm is way too soft on players. If they did something wrong, they do not need to hear that it's okay and get a pep talk. These are MEN in the NFL. Not boys in junior high just learning the sport.

Nice rant for a , though. :p
    Everything happens for a reason.

I don't think Bowe was necessarily a BAD pick, I just think the OL needed more attention in the 1st round...

I don't think Bowe was necessarily a BAD pick, I just think the OL needed more attention in the 1st round...
    Stated that way, I completely understand your point of view.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

I, too, look for good things out of Bowe. But without imaginative play-calling, or an agressive and able OL, how far can he really go on this team? Hopefully, his talent and T.O-ish attidude (It'll be D.Bowe time in KC?!)
    will pull him through...

I agree that Bowe is a talented player, but our o-line should had been addressed in the 1st round...We could have stole Randy Moss....
    Bike, I like the way you think. Although, Randy Moss took a paycut, to get dealt to the Patriots and wouldn't have done that to come and have Damon Huard, nor Brodie Croyle throwing, in Herms offense. But I feel the need to point out to you, that Herm Edwards has never drafted an o-lineman higher than 79th and that is the only time he has ever taken one on the first day. The man has a hatred for his own quarterbacks. As evidenced by the way he ruined Chad Penningtons career.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Bike, I like the way you think. Although, Randy Moss took a paycut, to get dealt to the Patriots and wouldn't have done that to come and have Damon Huard, nor Brodie Croyle throwing, in Herms offense. But I feel the need to point out to you, that Herm Edwards has never drafted an o-lineman higher than 79th and that is the only time he has ever taken one on the first day. The man has a hatred for his own quarterbacks. As evidenced by the way he ruined Chad Penningtons career.
    So true. It's also why Curtis Martin was run into the ground.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    So true. It's also why Curtis Martin was run into the ground.

Well at repeated 3 and outs don't think LJ will get enough carries to get run into the ground.

At least there is room for optimism there?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I completely agree on the kicker (in fact I posted such a couple weeks ago)... http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=20

However as for Bowe, I actually think he was a good pick for KC...WR has been a sore spot for years, Kennison is a good WR, but not a true #1. Bowe is already starting to show promise in his first few games. I think he'll have a very solid career.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

I agree that Bowe is a talented player, but our o-line should had been addressed in the 1st round...We could have stole Randy Moss....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast