Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Postive thoughts about the game ONLY

Default Postive thoughts about the game ONLY

I can't believe that there is so much negativity on here after a game that the Chiefs WON. So here post any good thoughts from the game.

1. The Defense. They won the game plane and simple

2. I will say it Cassel in the 2nd half. He may not have been perfect in the 2nd half but he made some throws that helped the chiefs get 1st downs. And the game wining field goal.

3. tony Moekie (if thats how you spell it lol) He had a nice game and made some nice catches.

Postive thought only. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Definitely hard to say. As a Christian I have a hard time wishing any kind of harm on anybody, but Cassel sure does make it hard sometimes. (Not serious harm, just a Josh Freeman like injury that keeps him out long enough to give Brody a shot :P)
    He was given 9 and he lost every game!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    He was given 9 and he lost every game!
    All, but 1 of those starts happened under the Herm Edwards era. You can hardly use that as a measuring stick of his ability. In my opinion Brodie is clearly the better QB. He has the better arm, the quicker release, and is more mobile in the pocket. Everyone here is quick to defend Cassel, but I don't understand why. Can anyone here name me 1 positive thing Cassel does on the field? He lacks arm strength, his decision making is very questionable, he holds onto the ball for too long, his footwork could be better, he has a high tendency to always look for the check down passes, and on top of all of that he's overpaid. People on here are saying your not a real fan if you criticize Cassel, I think it's the other way around. Cassel is holding our team back right now.

We have one of the best, if not the best special teams game in the league, we have a defense that's playing lights out right now and only going to get better, we have one of the best running games you could ask for. We have it all right now with the exception of decent QB. I'm not saying Brodie Croyle is going to be the next Tom Brady, but I certainly think he gives us a better chance to win games than Matt Cassel. Sure we may be 2-0 right now, but we won those games in spite of Cassel not because of him.
    Last edited by captainamerica; 09-20-2010 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    First, this is a BS thread, this is a great message board where people of all kinds of beliefs can get together and talk and express ideas, both negative and positive and it is BS everytime someone puts a thread like this on here.

But, I did see some positives in this game.

1. The offensive line gave Cassel the time he needed to be able to find someone open.

2. The defense played extremely well again. Once can be a fluke, but twice, that is the making of a good defensive squad.

3. Special teams have been playing well, even though the return game was a little off. It shows that both teams really respected those returners.

Now, for the negatives and I'll be damned if I do not put them out there.

1. Cassel did not look good, first half, second half, doesn't matter, he never really played all that well. He really needs to figure out how to make plays to open receivers when they are open.

2. Eric Barry did not have a great game either, there is no doubt that he is an awesome talent, but he had a lot to learn, he bites on those draw plays like a bass hitting a top water lure. He cannot hardly help himself. No doubt that he will get that figured out.

All in all, a win is always a good thing, but we have to get this offense clicking a lot better before this team turns into the powerhouse we want it to be.
    Alright then, if you have to be negative, can you come up with something that has not been posted in 22 other threads. I just want to read one thread where someone is not complaining aobut Cassel or Berry. I think its kinda sad that when we are 2-0 someone feels the need to make a thread and ask that no one be negative in it. Thats the BS.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

its funny how after the draft the defensive front 7 had the most questions about it and so far, after 2 games its the area with the least amount of questions

i credit crennel and the rest of the coaching staff-they got this team into form

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Alright then, if you have to be negative, can you come up with something that has not been posted in 22 other threads. I just want to read one thread where someone is not complaining aobut Cassel or Berry. I think its kinda sad that when we are 2-0 someone feels the need to make a thread and ask that no one be negative in it. Thats the BS.
    OK a positive note that few are talking about is: Our defensive line seems to be deeper now than everyone thought. Another one is Derek Johnson is playing like a probowler.

A negative that no one is talking about is our receivers ability to get seperation. Usually when a quarterback has the kind of time that Cassel had this weekend, the receivers are able to shake coverage and one of them is able to get open. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case right now with the Chiefs.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Positives:
    1) Chiefs presence in Cleveland. I went to the game with a slew of Browns fans, most of who were nice, but to my surprise there was a very strong Chiefs showing!! This seemed to help as the Browns stadium was no where near full, so every Chiefs fan contributed to this win.

2) Defense. With the exception of one big play to Cribbs and one bad penalty that gave Hillis a touchdown, they looked incredible. They were all over the field and always around the ball. I've never seen so many 5 and 6 person tackles from the Chiefs.

3) Coaching. Keeping the ball away from Cribbs was excellent game planning. Second half adjustments were game winning. We won this game through our coaches for sure.

4) Kickers. They just got it done plain and simple. Colquit had one bad punt, but a nice holding call backed the browns up and it wasn't so bad. You couldn't have kicked any better on Madden!

5) 2nd half offense. 2 LONG drives kept our defense fresh and cleveland's O off the field. We ran when we wanted to and ran hard. Cassel had several 3rd down conversions and looked good.

6) Holding on for the win! For the second week in a row we kneeled for the victory. Last year, we would have lost both games.

There were negatives, but the positives far outweighed them. This was the first time I've seen the Chiefs live and in person and they didn't disappoint. I walked back to my car with my head held high and red glowing amongst a sea of brown. Thanks Chiefs.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    OK a positive note that few are talking about is: Our defensive line seems to be deeper now than everyone thought. Another one is Derek Johnson is playing like a probowler.

A negative that no one is talking about is our receivers ability to get seperation. Usually when a quarterback has the kind of time that Cassel had this weekend, the receivers are able to shake coverage and one of them is able to get open. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case right now with the Chiefs.

The Browns have a very good and under rated secondary. TJ Ward was a monster while Haden and Wright were lights out. They also double and triple teamed Dex every time he was on the field, hence Moeaki crushing them down the middle. I see our receivers making an impact next week. SF has a damn good front 7 but a less talented backfield.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    2-0, Defense, Derrick Johnson
    Yes Yes Derrick Johnson. If he keeps playing like this, he could see the pro-bowl or at least sniff it. He has been oustanding the last two games. Much improved over last year.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    All, but 1 of those starts happened under the Herm Edwards era. You can hardly use that as a measuring stick of his ability. In my opinion Brodie is clearly the better QB. He has the better arm, the quicker release, and is more mobile in the pocket. Everyone here is quick to defend Cassel, but I don't understand why. Can anyone here name me 1 positive thing Cassel does on the field? He lacks arm strength, his decision making is very questionable, he holds onto the ball for too long, his footwork could be better, he has a high tendency to always look for the check down passes, and on top of all of that he's overpaid. People on here are saying your not a real fan if you criticize Cassel, I think it's the other way around. Cassel is holding our team back right now.

We have one of the best, if not the best special teams game in the league, we have a defense that's playing lights out right now and only going to get better, we have one of the best running games you could ask for. We have it all right now with the exception of decent QB. I'm not saying Brodie Croyle is going to be the next Tom Brady, but I certainly think he gives us a better chance to win games than Matt Cassel. Sure we may be 2-0 right now, but we won those games in spite of Cassel not because of him.

He ran for a first down last week in which he then immediately threw for a TD.

That is two things on the field in a row, in a winning game.

Look, I am not sold on Cassel, but I am sold on Brokie... his role is back up and back up only.

He also started last year against Baltimore under Haley.. He lost that game as well.

So yes, I will use his 10 losses as a measuring stick. I will also add that he gets hurt way to easy to even consider him as a future starter. You have a year to find out if Cassel is a NFL starter and you have paid him that much. It is not time to give up on him yet, but if he does not pan out, expect to see him gone by March of next year when he is due a 7 million dollar roster bonus.

Talk about check downs. Croyle is the king of check downs. Heck he does not even go through his progressions. He just hits the check down immediately.

Biggest Positive this far: Our D is only giving up 14 ppg!!!

Romeo has done a fantastic job getting our defense where it needs to be. His play calling, player coaching, and schemes are incredible. This is what we brought him in to do, and he is doing just that.

With that said, Paging Weis.......

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast