Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Berry?

Default Thoughts on Berry?

I was wondering what the opinions are on Berry's play so far. I live out of the area so I didn't get to see the game yesterday. I know he F'd up on the 2 long tds so far this season and those are bad mistakes but I was wondering if he has done anything else of note so far. I did notice that he had 7 tackles which is a good sign of being involved.

Also wanted to note that Bonecrusher saved the game for Houston last night with a blacked FG kick.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyChief25 View Post
    I was wondering what the opinions are on Berry's play so far. I live out of the area so I didn't get to see the game yesterday. I know he F'd up on the 2 long tds so far this season and those are bad mistakes but I was wondering if he has done anything else of note so far. I did notice that he had 7 tackles which is a good sign of being involved.

Also wanted to note that Bonecrusher saved the game for Houston last night with a blacked FG kick.
    Average merely because of his athleticism, once he learns the game better he will be good, drafted too high. I miss bonecrusher as well

I missed bonecrusher last year but now that we have berry and lewis, I'm fine with him not being on the team.

Any thoughts on Lewis?

Who seems to be leading the defense? I noticed on monday that Belcher was calling the plays.

There's no question that this defense has been much improved. I just can't decide who is mainly responsible for this. Adding Berry. Adding Romeo. Improvements by Dorsey/DJ. It's weird only seeing 14 pts scored against the D.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyChief25 View Post
    I missed bonecrusher last year but now that we have berry and lewis, I'm fine with him not being on the team.

Any thoughts on Lewis?

Who seems to be leading the defense? I noticed on monday that Belcher was calling the plays.

There's no question that this defense has been much improved. I just can't decide who is mainly responsible for this. Adding Berry. Adding Romeo. Improvements by Dorsey/DJ. It's weird only seeing 14 pts scored against the D.
    it seems like the linebackers are the leaders...mainly DJ and Vrabel

Berry will get better, just needs to get some games under his belt. He's making rookie mistakes....growing pains. Looking forward to this kid though for years to come.

I think Berry has been doing well,
    He is second on the team with 12 solo tackles, DJ is first with 18 solos

Something to compare, Troy Polamalu with the Steelers has 8 tackes and is 7th or 8th on his team.

He is a rookie and will make mistakes. The long TD yesterday, I think it was just a great play. Even if Berry didn't bite on the play action, I am not sure he could make a play on that ball. Carr tried the best he could, but he was just beat.

the guy is in on almost every tackle... he just needs some time to develope his awarness skills...

He's a rookie and will learn from his mistakes.. lets just hope its sooner then later, he is making a great deal of money..

He hits hard, real real hard.

He will get better with time, lets not forget he is A ROOKIE, and its only his second game.........

i think he nealry picked off cle on one play. and if he had intercepted a whole lot of people would be singing praises of him today.eventhough he made a great jump on the ball and broke up the pass there are already people saying he is a bust what a joke

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast