Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Larry Johnson Cut

Default Larry Johnson Cut

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    So those people should not be accountable for their actions? We have all had our troubles in life, why is he so special that he can do what he want and still be treated the same as someone who does not push, spit on or hit women?
    I never said there shouldn't be some sort of punishment because we don't want this to continue. I said we as people should learn to understand that people have tendencies they can't always help.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    I never said there shouldn't be some sort of punishment because we don't want this to continue. I said we as people should learn to understand that people have tendencies they can't always help.
    I understand completely. The guy can't help but act like an as$hole. One of the repercussions of those actions is going to be that people dislike you. I dont care about excuses, he does not have to act like a douche, he chooses to.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    I understand that the child molesters, wife beaters and rapists have a tendencies to do it and they cannot help it but that does not mean I have to like it.

I have to call a spade a spade. Kilo's right. Science continues to prove that genetics has more to do with how a person will behave than anything else.

Of course, that does not excuse a person of his deviant (and illegal) behavior, but I'm pretty sure that's not the point that Kilo was making.

He's arguing something that I've argued before; that a celebrity or public figure's personal and professional lives can be judged separately.

Bill Clinton, OJ Simpson, and even Charles Manson are all great examples. They had unsavory personal lives, but they did good things professionally. Liking their contributions doesn't mean you can't also simultaneously condemn their misdeeds.

So yeah, should Larry ever be in the Chiefs HOF? Probably not, but that doesn't mean we can't appreciate the work he did for the team when he was productive.

Yeah, I hate Larry Johnson. I'm glad he's gone, and he's a reprehensible jerk but hey, he is what he is, and I suppose I'm glad that he helped fill the gap between Priest and Jamaal.

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    I have to call a spade a spade. Kilo's right. Science continues to prove that genetics has more to do with how a person will behave than anything else.
    Genetics probably does play a part in our tendencies, but we all struggle with something. Nobody is perfect. On the other hand, regardless of our genetic makeup, we are all responsible for the things that we do. Not to offend anybody, but some day we will all be held accountable before God, even Larry Johnson. I hope LJ does eventually become a humbled person and is a better man because of it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567