Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kolb Available via Trade?

Default Kolb Available via Trade?

It sounds like teams are calling the Eagles about Kolb, and the Eagle's officials did not say anything to try deny that they were willing to listen. So, my question is, do you guys think he would be a fit for the Chiefs? I do not know a whole lot about him, other than the fact that the Eagles had high expectations for coming into this season.

Here is a link to the article on ESPN.com:
    Philadelphia Eagles hear from several teams about Kevin Kolb, source says - ESPN

P.S. Just in case you hadn't heard, Vick has been named the team's starter now and that is why Kolb may suddenly be available.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    What's really stupid is that they let McNabb go in order to give Kolb and chance and then they yank him after 2 quarters. They should have been more certain about Kolb if they were going to let McNabb go.

Maybe Vick was really the plan all along, but they didn't want to admit it. I don't know what his contract is, but I bet it's a lot smaller than McNabb's.
    They groomed Kolb as McNabb's successor for 3 years only to, like you said, yank him after 2 quarters.

I still think Kolb is going to end up being their QB next year (if not sooner) as long as Vick doesn't end up leading them to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Yeah, like we have had a great history of doing that!
    Doesn't matter. We have to try. Weis is supposed to be a great QB guy. Time to find out.

Want to know the worst bit of Chiefs trivia?

Q: Who was the last QB the Chiefs drafted who won a start in a Chiefs uniform?

A: Todd Blackledge. On September 13, 1987.

It's been almost a quarter-century since we've made a legitimate effort to draft a QB high and groom him. It's time.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    They groomed Kolb as McNabb's successor for 3 years only to, like you said, yank him after 2 quarters.

I still think Kolb is going to end up being their QB next year (if not sooner) as long as Vick doesn't end up leading them to the playoffs.
    I think Andy Reid gets fired after this season, and the new GM/HC draft their own QBOTF, with Vick as the bridge. I don't think Kolb is in a Philly uniform in 2011.

I'm over this taking other teams leftovers..For a while we were the 49ers retirment home for quarterbacks. Montana did give us a couple good years..We did get to the title game with Bono mainly due to an excellent defence and running game. GrBac, well you know the story there..Can we once draft a QB and develop one?

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post
    they didnt pull him after 2 quarters...clay mathews knocked him out of the game with a concussion and vick came in and happened to do much much better
    I understand that, but my point is that his opportunity only lasted for two quarters and now Vick has been named the #1 quarterback effectively ending the Kolb era...at least for now.

So, after playing for only two quarters he was, in effect, yanked.

We've drafted Matt Blundin and Mike Elkins in the second round....

Then Carl took over and it's clear he had no interest in drafting and developing a quarterback (you have to give him credit, his draft skills were terrible) and just went out and picked up veterans.

This worked with DeBerg, Montana and Trent and failed with Krieg, Bono and Grbac.

It seems Pioli is trying to combine the previous administrations plans and get a guy with some experience and develop him. I still think it's premature to give up on Cassel, but drafting a guy next year doesn't seem like a bad ide.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Doesn't matter. We have to try. Weis is supposed to be a great QB guy. Time to find out.

Want to know the worst bit of Chiefs trivia?

Q: Who was the last QB the Chiefs drafted who won a start in a Chiefs uniform?

A: Todd Blackledge. On September 13, 1987.

It's been almost a quarter-century since we've made a legitimate effort to draft a QB high and groom him. It's time.
    I agree with BWilliams, so one of us is right and one is wrong. , I have never personally seen the Chiefs draft a Qb that could be a franchise Qb. Never... In 1987 I didn't even know how to play football, yet alone who the players were.

So far based on how Pioli and Haley drafted with a fully prepared coaching staff. I say lets give it a shot. It can't be any worse the drafting another Ryan Sims, Sly Mo, Tank Tylers, Turk McBride, Jr. Siavii, or Justin Medlock...

I am not sure how many of the bottom dwelling teams are needing a QB, so the #1 or #2 could drop a bit this year. We could get another Rodgers or Breeze.

No thanks, Kolb didn't look good so far, I think he won't be good at all.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I think I would rather have Vick over Kolb in a Chiefs uniform..

Although I'm not completely off the Cassel bandwagon yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I agree with BWilliams, so one of us is right and one is wrong. , I have never personally seen the Chiefs draft a Qb that could be a franchise Qb. Never... In 1987 I didn't even know how to play football, yet alone who the players were.

So far based on how Pioli and Haley drafted with a fully prepared coaching staff. I say lets give it a shot. It can't be any worse the drafting another Ryan Sims, Sly Mo, Tank Tylers, Turk McBride, Jr. Siavii, or Justin Medlock...

I am not sure how many of the bottom dwelling teams are needing a QB, so the #1 or #2 could drop a bit this year. We could get another Rodgers or Breeze.
    I agree, but this should be a QB-heavy draft. In no particular order, the Bills, Raiders, Cardinals, 49ers, Redskins, Browns, Bengals, Jaguars, and Vikings should all be looking for new QBs (or QBs to groom as QBOTF) in 2011. Maybe the Eagles too.

And I'll always feel bad for Sylvester Morris. If he hadn't broken his leg, he could have been a decent WR I think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast