Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kolb Available via Trade?

Default Kolb Available via Trade?

It sounds like teams are calling the Eagles about Kolb, and the Eagle's officials did not say anything to try deny that they were willing to listen. So, my question is, do you guys think he would be a fit for the Chiefs? I do not know a whole lot about him, other than the fact that the Eagles had high expectations for coming into this season.

Here is a link to the article on ESPN.com:
    Philadelphia Eagles hear from several teams about Kevin Kolb, source says - ESPN

P.S. Just in case you hadn't heard, Vick has been named the team's starter now and that is why Kolb may suddenly be available.

Yes I would absolutely take him, but I really don't think they will trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    It sounds like teams are calling the Eagles about Kolb, and the Eagle's officials did not say anything to try deny that they were willing to listen. So, my question is, do you guys think he would be a fit for the Chiefs? I do not know a whole lot about him, other than the fact that the Eagles had high expectations for coming into this season.

Here is a link to the article on ESPN.com:
    Philadelphia Eagles hear from several teams about Kevin Kolb, source says - ESPN

P.S. Just in case you hadn't heard, Vick has been named the team's starter now and that is why Kolb may suddenly be available.
    Kolb is Cassel two years younger, but with less poise in the pocket. His only great game came against our decimated 2009 squad. We need to bite the bullet and draft/groom a QBOTF. We shouldn't keep messing around with other teams leftovers/backups.

Yeah, I don't like Kolb at all. I have been telling people he will not be what the Eagles have made him out to be (the next Drew Brees). Bwilliams hit the nail on the head here.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Kolb is Cassel two years younger, but with less poise in the pocket. His only great game came against our decimated 2009 squad. We need to bite the bullet and draft/groom a QBOTF. We shouldn't keep messing around with other teams leftovers/backups.
    Yeah, like we have had a great history of doing that!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

For the right price the Eagles may trade him but I doubt it. I wouldn't want him either. Personally I think he may be the most over rated QB in the league. Maybe not actually, it's just pretty stupid the Eagles let McNabb go over this kid in my opinion.

I think he's a better option than Cassel right now, but not enough to put us over the hump and into consistent playoff contention. I'm all for drafting a new one unless we get some freak situation like Drew Brees with the Chargers where a solid QB is released because of injury, but even then, you don't know what you're getting.

Thanks Aussie!

What's really stupid is that they let McNabb go in order to give Kolb and chance and then they yank him after 2 quarters. They should have been more certain about Kolb if they were going to let McNabb go.

Maybe Vick was really the plan all along, but they didn't want to admit it. I don't know what his contract is, but I bet it's a lot smaller than McNabb's.

If we could get him for a low price I don't think that it would be a bad move. I don't no if Kolb will ever be any good but I don't no that he can't. But I really don't see us makeing that move so it's not really an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    What's really stupid is that they let McNabb go in order to give Kolb and chance and then they yank him after 2 quarters. They should have been more certain about Kolb if they were going to let McNabb go.

Maybe Vick was really the plan all along, but they didn't want to admit it. I don't know what his contract is, but I bet it's a lot smaller than McNabb's.
    they didnt pull him after 2 quarters...clay mathews knocked him out of the game with a concussion and vick came in and happened to do much much better

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast