Thread: Madden Madness

Default Madden Madness

Well, now that this particular sim league has been going on for a while, I'd like to see if there is any interest for this awesome forum that I'm a part of. It's a player sim league, where everyone creates a player (obviously) at a particular position with General Managers drafting, offering contracts, and so on and so forth. Each and every game is hand-simmed by carefully selected members with Madden 07 (the best remaining PC version), and game and player stats are all recorded. There are plenty of starting positions open, too.

As said before, you're drafted in your rookie season, and GMs can offer you contracts worth up to $5M per season up to 3 seasons, so there is an obvious tactical perspective even in general managing. You can spend this contract money on upgrading your player, with the obvious GM and Player options available should they be offered to you. There are a lot of team-oriented, unselfish guys on the board, so you're sure to have a good experience regardless of your activity level.

The way your player improves is by doing point tasks - and there are widely-varying amounts of activity. There are a handful of members that just do period tasks that don't earn a lot of points, but don't take a lot of time; each period (10 days), you can write a media article and create signatures/banners in GIMP/photoshop, or whatever you want (there is one guy that does AMAZING stuff in Paint, even). You can also do predictions based on what you think will happen in each game each week or grade media/graphics if you feel the need.

We've just finished our third full season and the rookie draft just happened, but there are still a few spots open. I have only been in the league for a season, but I am having a lot of fun. Here's the link, and I hope a few of you join! If you join then I am mutigers28 there...

Madden Madness

(also if posting about other websites isn't allowed I will delete this post)

:( I was hoping to have a few more Chiefs fans sign up but it doesnt look like any of you have joined... :P