Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs to cut ties with Cassel after 2010

Default Chiefs to cut ties with Cassel after 2010

Don't get me wrong, I really do hope Cassel can start playing like the quarterback we brought him into be, but this is an interesting little tidbit I got from Rotoworld:

"NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora believes the Chiefs will "strongly consider" cutting ties with Matt Cassel after the 2010 season.
    Cassel is due a $4.75 million salary plus a $7.5 million option bonus, which would make him one of the highest paid players in the league next year. The Chiefs upgraded the talent around him, so the excuses for his poor play are running out. Cassel has provided no reason to believe he can be developed into a franchise quarterback."

I don't see it happening...What's the backup plan? Croyle? A rookie from the draft? Vick (highly doubt it)?

maybe he will get his head out of his arse starting this weekend?? its been pretty pathetic to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I really do hope Cassel can start playing like the quarterback we brought him into be, but this is an interesting little tidbit I got from Rotoworld:

"NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora believes the Chiefs will "strongly consider" cutting ties with Matt Cassel after the 2010 season.
    Cassel is due a $4.75 million salary plus a $7.5 million option bonus, which would make him one of the highest paid players in the league next year. The Chiefs upgraded the talent around him, so the excuses for his poor play are running out. Cassel has provided no reason to believe he can be developed into a franchise quarterback."

I don't see it happening...What's the backup plan? Croyle? A rookie from the draft? Vick (highly doubt it)?
    I say a rookie. In this order on who I would like 1. Ryan Mallett 2. Andrew Luck 3. Jake Locker

Resident Celebrity

BARF.

Cassel has all f****** year to prove himself. BACK OFF! WE ARE 2-0. Anyone remember the days of Herm Edwards? NOTHING to be happy about.
    Lets all calm down.
    Go Chiefs.
    Fuc*ing seriously.
    I hate this place sometimes.
    Where are the fans?
    Tell me, (I go to every game) what in the hell do the Chiefs owe any of us? The cost of a ticket or an 8 dollar beer?
    WE ARE in 1st place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Resident Ambassador!

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post
    I say a rookie. In this order on who I would like 1. Ryan Mallett 2. Andrew Luck 3. Jake Locker
    We better start blowing some games if we want a shot at these guys..There are a ton of teams looking for QB's in next years draft so lots of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    BARF.

Cassel has all f****** year to prove himself. BACK OFF! WE ARE 2-0. Anyone remember the days of Herm Edwards? NOTHING to be happy about.
    Lets all calm down.
    Go Chiefs.
    Fuc*ing seriously.
    Where are the fans?
    Tell me, (I go to every game) what in the hell do the Chiefs owe any of us? The cost of a ticket or an 8 dollar beer?
    I don't know of anyone here who isn't happy about us being in first place and 2-0. But we as fans are entitled to our opinions just as much as any other guy. Yes we have won, but they have been ugly wins. You cannot deny that Cassel is playing badly, and yes he might get better or he might not, but you still gotta think ahead whether Cassel is here or if he's not here.

When it comes to Chiefs Crowd.. I'm sorry you hate this place, in all honestly I love this place. I may not agree with everybody's opinion but I deal with it, talk about it with them and move on. There's no need to feel all hostile towards people if they don't think the same way you or I do. We're all Chiefs fans and we are all here for the same cause.. to win games and to support our team.. even if we have different views on how it should be done.

Resident Celebrity

Cassel could throw 30 picks this year and would walk in as the guaranteed starter next year.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    BARF.

Lets all calm down.
    Go Chiefs.
    Fuc*ing seriously.
    Where are the fans?
    I agree though..Lets give the man a chance..This is his third year with the Chiefs and up until recently the talent around him has stunk..So lets see how he progresses throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    We better start blowing some games if we want a shot at these guys..There are a ton of teams looking for QB's in next years draft so lots of luck.
    Yeah it's gonna be tough to land one of those guys but I have hope. There are some decent QB's that will be there in 2nd and 3rd round that may work out but I just hope for Ryan Mallett.

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post

I don't think we ditch Cassel unless we finish 5-11 or worse. We may draft a QBOTF high, but I'm pretty sure Cassel will be our 2011 Opening Day starter. Mostly because we won't get Luck or Locker unless we draft top-10 (which we won't get at 6-10, 7-9), and there aren't any decent FA QBs next offseason.

Not to mention that we'll almost certainly be below the cap (assuming one's reinstated), even with Cassel's bonus. Our team has *no* salary right now.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast