Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cassell or WR's

Default Cassell or WR's

I keep reading about how most people have little to no faith that #7 is gonna be the guy here. Granted his performance has been mediocre at best but it's not as if he has had any help. I am too lazy to look it up but am pretty sure the chiefs were at the top of the league in dropped balls last year with D-Bowe having a lot of them. Chambers made no effort to break up that pick on the underthrown ball last week. They run routes short on 3rd and long situations. Is it just me or do our wide receivers have as much to blame as our qb.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. So if your WR misses 1/3 of the season, he's going to get fewer catches, yards, and TDs? I'd never have guessed.

They do.. imagine that.

Resident Celebrity

Except that he wan't talking about Bowe running out of bounds a yard short. He was talking about Bowe running a five-yard route when the first down's six yards. Bowe can't decide to run his routes differently because of where the marker is. They've practiced whatever play that was a million times in practice. Cassel is going to throw to the spot Bowe will be, which is five yards.

The route was part of the play called. We know Bowe ran the route correct because he caught the ball. It didn't go over his head or fall at his feet. Whichever play Weis called required Bowe to run a five-yard out. Either the playcall was bad or Bowe wasn't Cassel's primary target. But to blame a WR because he ran the play called is nuts.

You can not be serious, on 3rd and 6 the goal is to get a frist down it was a drive killer because bowe didn't know where he was on the field there is no way in hell coaches say you run a 5 yard route no more no less regardess of where the frist down marker.

BOWE LED THE LEAGUE IN DROPPED BALLS LAST YEAR AND THAT'S A FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK!

Except that he wan't talking about Bowe running out of bounds a yard short. He was talking about Bowe running a five-yard route when the first down's six yards. Bowe can't decide to run his routes differently because of where the marker is. They've practiced whatever play that was a million times in practice. Cassel is going to throw to the spot Bowe will be, which is five yards.

The route was part of the play called. We know Bowe ran the route correct because he caught the ball. It didn't go over his head or fall at his feet. Whichever play Weis called required Bowe to run a five-yard out. Either the playcall was bad or Bowe wasn't Cassel's primary target. But to blame a WR because he ran the play called is nuts.

fyi I had to listen most of the game on the radio as we were driving back from KC after taking my daughther to the Dora Live show at the Midland. Len and Mtich went off on D-Bowe for running a short route. And we can all agree len doesn't sugar coat and tels you how it is.

Listen I am just saying that Cassel, I think has proved he has the toughness to be this league. In New Engand he had Wes Welker and Randy Moss, we do not have that kind of taent.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    fyi I had to listen most of the game on the radio as we were driving back from KC after taking my daughther to the Dora Live show at the Midland. Len and Mtich went off on D-Bowe for running a short route. And we can all agree len doesn't sugar coat and tels you how it is.

Listen I am just saying that Cassel, I think has proved he has the toughness to be this league. In New Engand he had Wes Welker and Randy Moss, we do not have that kind of taent.
    Being tough isn't enough to win football games though, unfortunately. You have to be good.

Both. Mainly the QB. Chambers has been reliable. Bowe is covered the best but has had what....3 or 4 receptions!?!? Has he even thrown to anyone else?
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    Both. Mainly the QB. Chambers has been reliable. Bowe is covered the best but has had what....3 or 4 receptions!?!? Has he even thrown to anyone else?
    Yeah, Moeaki, McCluster, a handful of others. No one is leading the pack by all that much, except for maybe Moeacki.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Cassel's biggest weakness is his inability to throw the ball accurately 15 yards downfield. It's painful to watch him miss these throws to open receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Yeah, Moeaki, McCluster, a handful of others. No one is leading the pack by all that much, except for maybe Moeacki.
    I forgot about the TE. But really there isn't much else.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234