Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: ***Official Chiefs Crowd QB Discussion Thread***

Default ***Official Chiefs Crowd QB Discussion Thread***

By popular demand:

The purpose of this thread is to facilitate all discussion involving the Quarter Back position and those who fill said position in order to reduce the amount of threads created solely for this purpose.

Thank you.

-Chiefster

There is a Reason why he was never a starter. Can we all not see that. He is so up and down. We need a Quarterback and also another wide reciever to help dwayne out.

We realy should not be in the play offs. Very glad we are but dont think we are going very far. I was at the game and the raiders used and abused us and did not even have McFaddin. We are getting closer but still have a waise to go. Now we are going to lose our offensive cordinater.

I don't know if Cassel is "the man". Every time I start to get enthusiastic about him, he has a bad game.

But OVERALL he has done an excellent job for us this year. He's thrown a decent number of touchdowns, very few pics and has generally avoided being sacked.

He's certainly played better than anyone we've had in a while.

And Croyle impresses me about as much as a week old dog turd.

All that said if we are down badly in the 4th quarter against Baltimore we should be willing to swap QBs.

I'm against playing "musical QBs" during the regular season, but in the playoffs, when its "win or go home" you have to try anything you can try.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Man why is it that Cassel had a bad game last week which wasnt a do or die situation and all you guys are jumping off his bandwagon? I mean I dont know if I watched the same game that you guys watched but the game that I saw Matt Cassel didnt have very much time at all to throw the ball I just dont understand how you can say how this is the reason why he never was a starting QB but I believe the reason he wasnt ever a starter is because maybe the 2 qbs in College that he was behind her Heisman Trophy winners and the guy he was sitting behind in the NFL umm I dont know if you know or not but he has been a Super Bowl MVP this season alone he has a 9 to 1 touchdown to INT ratio but that seems like Hall Of Fame numbers that guy is putting up whats his name??? oh ya that right Tom Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everchiefsfan25 View Post
    Man why is it that Cassel had a bad game last week which wasnt a do or die situation and all you guys are jumping off his bandwagon? I mean I dont know if I watched the same game that you guys watched but the game that I saw Matt Cassel didnt have very much time at all to throw the ball I just dont understand how you can say how this is the reason why he never was a starting QB but I believe the reason he wasnt ever a starter is because maybe the 2 qbs in College that he was behind her Heisman Trophy winners and the guy he was sitting behind in the NFL umm I dont know if you know or not but he has been a Super Bowl MVP this season alone he has a 9 to 1 touchdown to INT ratio but that seems like Hall Of Fame numbers that guy is putting up whats his name??? oh ya that right Tom Brady.
    Hey Man!!!!!

I was never on his bandwagon AND I never "bashed" him either!

There has never been any doubt in my mind that he is a "good" QB.....especially if he has a good O-Line and a decent running game. But then aren't most of them if they do?

All I am questioning is if Cassel is "the man" who will win us a second Superbowl.

I'm not saying he won't. I'm saying I'm not sure he is the guy to do it.

We have a hot and "up-and-coming" team. And they are young! We need a QB who can lead us to Superbowl victory not a QB who will lead us to 8 or 10 years of playoff losses.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Hey Man!!!!!

I was never on his bandwagon AND I never "bashed" him either!

There has never been any doubt in my mind that he is a "good" QB.....especially if he has a good O-Line and a decent running game. But then aren't most of them if they do?

All I am questioning is if Cassel is "the man" who will win us a second Superbowl.

I'm not saying he won't. I'm saying I'm not sure he is the guy to do it.

We have a hot and "up-and-coming" team. And they are young! We need a QB who can lead us to Superbowl victory not a QB who will lead us to 8 or 10 years of playoff losses.
    We will see how Cassel does in the playoffs Sunday. I am excitied to see that. If we do lose that's the one thing that will come out of it This team will now have playoff experiance. I hope to see Cassel have one of his best games and show that he can win playoff games sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by KC DADDY View Post
    There is a Reason why he was never a starter. Can we all not see that. He is so up and down. We need a Quarterback and also another wide reciever to help dwayne out.

Not many QBS are up when the o line is letting 3 guys come unblocked. We had a down game on offense Sunday but there is no reason to be down on Cassel he had FAR more ups then downs. That's something I think will get better the more he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    We will see how Cassel does in the playoffs Sunday. I am excitied to see that. If we do lose that's the one thing that will come out of it This team will now have playoff experiance. I hope to see Cassel have one of his best games and show that he can win playoff games sunday.
    Yeah.....I want us to win Sunday too. Like we all do. But like I said....MY jury on Cassel is still out.

If we had needed to beat the faiders to make it to the playoffs and Cassel had had that kind of a day, then I'd say it was time to find a new QB. But we didn't "have" to beat the Faiders so Cassel gets a "by" on that game.

No "bys" come Sunday against the Ravens. Superbowl quarterbacks "find a way to win". And that quality is where I have my doubts about Cassel.

Whether we win or lose, Cassel has to show he understands what it means to have the whole season on the line.

If we win....GREAT!

If we lose, but Cassel fights like he's fighting a mugger for the life of his kids....that's OK too.

If we lose and he acts like a scared jackrabbit like he did against Oakland.....

Well.....then we need to be looking for a QB in the draft that can replace Cassel in the next 2 years.

Come Sunday, Cassel needs to show that he is the "real deal".
    Last edited by ctchiefsfan; 01-04-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Yeah.....I want us to win Sunday too. Like we all do. But like I said....MY jury on Cassel is still out.

If we had needed to beat the faiders to make it to the playoffs and Cassel had had that kind of a day, then I'd say it was time to find a new QB. But we didn't "have" to beat the Faiders so Cassel gets a "by" on that game.

No "bys" come Sunday against the Ravens. Superbowl quarterbacks "find a way to win". And that quality is where I have my doubts about Cassel.

Whether we win or lose, Cassel has to show he understands what it means to have the whole season on the line.

If we win....GREAT!

If we lose, but Cassel fights like he's fighting a mugger for the life of his kids....that's OK too.

If we lose and he acts like a scared jackrabbit like he did against Oakland.....

Well.....then we need to be looking for a QB in the draft that can replace Cassel in the next 2 years.

Come Sunday, Cassel needs to show that he is the "real deal".
    I won't be one to give up on Cassel should he struggle against the Ravens. He would not be the first to struggle in there first playoff game. But I would much rather see him just tear it up against the Ravens so we won't have to worry about it.

matthewschiefs.....

I didn't say get rid of Cassel if we didn't win against the dirty birds.

I said "If we lose, but Cassel fights like he's fighting a mugger for the life of his kids....that's OK too."

Cassel did not do that against the faiders.

He had better do it against the dirty birds!

If he doesn't then he is not a Superbowl quality QB.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast