Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Chiefs to cut ties with Cassel after 2010

Default Chiefs to cut ties with Cassel after 2010

Don't get me wrong, I really do hope Cassel can start playing like the quarterback we brought him into be, but this is an interesting little tidbit I got from Rotoworld:

"NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora believes the Chiefs will "strongly consider" cutting ties with Matt Cassel after the 2010 season.
    Cassel is due a $4.75 million salary plus a $7.5 million option bonus, which would make him one of the highest paid players in the league next year. The Chiefs upgraded the talent around him, so the excuses for his poor play are running out. Cassel has provided no reason to believe he can be developed into a franchise quarterback."

I don't see it happening...What's the backup plan? Croyle? A rookie from the draft? Vick (highly doubt it)?

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I can see that, but from the two games I've watched, the protection has been outstanding. Two games and two sacks is phenomenal.

The problem is Cassel has a severe lack of poise, and it's something he MUST work on.
    That is true and he finally got under control in the 2nd half of the Browns game. Last year partially ruined him. He has to trust his line now.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I can see that, but from the two games I've watched, the protection has been outstanding. Two games and two sacks is phenomenal.

The problem is Cassel has a severe lack of poise, and it's something he MUST work on.
    What my problem with Cassel is, he needs to put more touch and finesse on his passes, to me, it looks like he throws a pass to hard to catch. By touch, I mean not more touches by Defensive players, He has way to much of that going on!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    What my problem with Cassel is, he needs to put more touch and finesse on his passes, to me, it looks like he throws a pass to hard to catch. By touch, I mean not more touches by Defensive players, He has way to much of that going on!
    I know what you mean! He needs to know just how much or how little to put on each pass.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I really do hope Cassel can start playing like the quarterback we brought him into be, but this is an interesting little tidbit I got from Rotoworld:

"NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora believes the Chiefs will "strongly consider" cutting ties with Matt Cassel after the 2010 season.
    Cassel is due a $4.75 million salary plus a $7.5 million option bonus, which would make him one of the highest paid players in the league next year. The Chiefs upgraded the talent around him, so the excuses for his poor play are running out. Cassel has provided no reason to believe he can be developed into a franchise quarterback."

I don't see it happening...What's the backup plan? Croyle? A rookie from the draft? Vick (highly doubt it)?
    I agree hes the only one not improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    The Chiefs owe us results. That's the nature of a business. Not all of us are satisfied with beating bottom of the barrel teams. Most of us want our team to come out and pull out the win when the other team is clicking on all cylinders. Most of us want to be good enough to where the only team capable of beating us is ourselves. Most of us want a Superbowl. We all acknowledge improvement where it's due, but we're not going to be satisfied with a mediocre product.

It seems like you weren't much of an athlete, or at least not much of a competitive spirit. In my experience I'd enjoy a win for a short while and get back to work. Beating up on bad local soccer teams wasn't very satisfying. As a team the real excitement came at the state level and beyond, playing against the best. For a lot of people that kind of mentality bleed over into the rest of their life. They're not angry, they're not negative. They're just competitive. I know I'm not going to run around bragging about how my team is in first place just because they're 2-0 with 2 lucky (but deserved wins) In the grand scheme of things it means squat. I remember just a few years ago when the Royals started 17-0, but look what happened.

Also, again with calling into question people's fandom. Let's save it for the other thread, or better yet, not at all. Everybody has a different perception of this team and not all of us are delusional enough to believe that 2-0 over the Browns and a rattled Chargers team means that we're over the hump and able to compete day in and day out with quality teams. Cassel is the most important missing cog to get this machine running, and if it takes all year to find himself, it's going to be a slow and pathetic season.

Edit* I remember last year (maybe 2 years ago) how a few Browns fans attempted to organize a boycott of one of the games. I'd argue those fans care for their team deeper than most. Rather than spend money regardless of the product as you imply that you do, these guys attempted to send a message to their organization, displaying a real and deep emotional connection to their team. It's like tough love parenting, just because your mommy says no doesn't mean she doesn't love you. :)
    I feel the same way.. I ran track and cross country. I ran a 4:06 mile, there has onle been like 300 people ever to run a sub 4min mile. As a high school sgtudent running almost a sub 4min mile, the competition wasnt there. Didnt matter how many scohool medals I won, because usually the other best runner were mid to upper 4 min miles.
    It's the competitivness in me that want to see us win big and against great teams, we will not do that with the way Casselll has played and is playing, can he take a magic pill and become a great QB over night? No. But I believe he's had a long enough chance.

We beat SD, who Tony Dungy says he still thinks is going to the Super Bowl. It may have been a defensive slug-fest but we won. I am hoping we make the playoffs this year, but I know that if not this year, next year we will. As I have said over and over, this is the first time in 5 or 6 years I feel a difference in our guys. They believe they can win and we got some studs making it happen. We have the pieces, now we just need to gel.

Gotta get my cash going!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234