Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs to cut ties with Cassel after 2010

Default Chiefs to cut ties with Cassel after 2010

Don't get me wrong, I really do hope Cassel can start playing like the quarterback we brought him into be, but this is an interesting little tidbit I got from Rotoworld:

"NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora believes the Chiefs will "strongly consider" cutting ties with Matt Cassel after the 2010 season.
    Cassel is due a $4.75 million salary plus a $7.5 million option bonus, which would make him one of the highest paid players in the league next year. The Chiefs upgraded the talent around him, so the excuses for his poor play are running out. Cassel has provided no reason to believe he can be developed into a franchise quarterback."

I don't see it happening...What's the backup plan? Croyle? A rookie from the draft? Vick (highly doubt it)?

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    BARF.

Cassel has all f****** year to prove himself. BACK OFF! WE ARE 2-0. Anyone remember the days of Herm Edwards? NOTHING to be happy about.
    Lets all calm down.
    Go Chiefs.
    Fuc*ing seriously.
    I hate this place sometimes.
    Where are the fans?
    Tell me, (I go to every game) what in the hell do the Chiefs owe any of us? The cost of a ticket or an 8 dollar beer?
    WE ARE in 1st place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    its exciting that were 2-0 but its true that cassel has been terrible...if he does not improve then we will get a big dose of reality when we play indy and houston...well see for real how far we are from being a contending team

WOW. Hey everyone, I was playing poker and drinking beer at the time of my last post...while I kind of agree with myself I think that I also was tipsy and kind of rude. Apologies!
    Resident Ambassador!

WOW. Hey everyone, I was playing poker and drinking beer at the time of my last post...while I kind of agree with myself I think that I also was tipsy and kind of rude. Apologies!

Did you win?

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by stricken721 View Post

Did you win?
    I swear to you on the Chiefs....I won the whole thing
    Resident Ambassador!

I swear to you on the Chiefs....I won the whole thing
    Good job.

Resident Celebrity

BARF.

Cassel has all f****** year to prove himself. BACK OFF! WE ARE 2-0. Anyone remember the days of Herm Edwards? NOTHING to be happy about.
    Lets all calm down.
    Go Chiefs.
    Fuc*ing seriously.
    I hate this place sometimes.
    Where are the fans?
    Tell me, (I go to every game) what in the hell do the Chiefs owe any of us? The cost of a ticket or an 8 dollar beer?
    WE ARE in 1st place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree with what you said, I tend to think of the future. When will are first loss come? Why will we lose. Cassel is the weakest link in our system right now. Everyone around him is preforming at a higher level. I love being 2-0, but the reality is that we could have easily lost those games because of lack of scoring.

There are 3 things to worry about. Offense, Defense and Special Teams. We have Defense and ST, but no Off. If we had a QB that could sling the ball around, maybe we could have the number one offense once again.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

2-0 but QB is far and away the biggest weakness on the team thus far. I always think about how we can get better, even if we were to win the Super Bowl.

Right now, if a team were to shut down our running game, we would have no chance of winning the game unless the passing game was there. It's really important that it gets on track, whether that means Cassel playing better or being benched in favor of Croyle, I don't care. It just has to happen.

Next year is next year, but obviously if it's week 17 and we're still struggling in the passing game, there's 0 doubt that we need to go QB in round 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    This is his third year with the Chiefs
    2nd year

Its hard to rebound from the terrible o line last year. Give him time this year. He should be good to go this weekend. He will only get better.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    Its hard to rebound from the terrible o line last year. Give him time this year. He should be good to go this weekend. He will only get better.
    I can see that, but from the two games I've watched, the protection has been outstanding. Two games and two sacks is phenomenal.

The problem is Cassel has a severe lack of poise, and it's something he MUST work on.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast