Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: is this a Cassel must win ???

Default is this a Cassel must win ???

I think maybe so. he's got to step up big time here today. the 49'ers come in 0-2. they're gonna tee off on him. standing around back there ain't gonna cut it.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I'm not saying anything about benching him, I am talking about what we need for a win and be 3-0 for the first time in 7 years.

The question was "is this a must win". What else would happen?

They wont bench him, it's "thier pick" they wont do that. Our staff is pretty darn good, just maybe a tad bit too much of a ego maybe. one loss wont mean bench him IMO.

The question was is this a must win for Cassel, yes. At some point he MUST step up. I wonder how the players must feel with the way he's played so far, you know it must have some sort of an impact on them, True?

Righteous, 3 Az posts in a row.

im glad to see em use the no huddle. need to use it more often. last week they caught the browns with to many on the field. forcing them to use a TO.

but this 3rd and short is a killer !!! especially late in the game. gotta convert !!!! force the D to use up TO's we win.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

No it isn't a "must win" for Cassel.

I doubt it is even a "must improve" game.

I will be disapointed if he doesn't play better. But I am still willing to be patient and give it some time for him to get used to things in this offense.

Through the first two games, I'd say Cassel is about par for the course on his development.

In order to progress, you start at the bottom and work your way up. He is definitely starting at the bottom.

LOL AZ representing KC...lol..... too bad we are all spread out..I havent seen too many KC fans in Tucson thus far.
    I agree Cassells play must be having a locker room affect. I don't like his press conferences, he is way too non challant about his play, knowing he wont be benched.

I don't think there's a chance Cassel gets benched unless he enters Jamarcus Russell levels of suckiness. Anyway, who do we bench him for? Croyle? After Croyle gets injured a couple games, we'll just be back with Cassel.

The time to get a legit 2nd option to Cassel was this offseason, and we clearly had no interest in doing that. He's our guy for 2010 (and probably 2011), for better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    I don't think there's a chance Cassel gets benched unless he enters Jamarcus Russell levels of suckiness. Anyway, who do we bench him for? Croyle? After Croyle gets injured a couple games, we'll just be back with Cassel.

The time to get a legit 2nd option to Cassel was this offseason, and we clearly had no interest in doing that. He's our guy for 2010 (and probably 2011), for better or worse.
    yeah he's is injury prone. but he has no fear of taking off instead of standing still and be a target.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast