Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: To those who talked about how bad our offseason/draft was

Default To those who talked about how bad our offseason/draft was

Anyone care to admit that they were wrong?

I will start. I thought that our draft was ok at best. I was wrong. We had a GREAT Draft. Our rookies are makeing an impact this season and will only get better.Sorry Pioli,Haley and to the Chiefs I was wrong about our draft and couldn't be happier about it.

I understand not wanting to pick a safety first pick, but how can anyone argue with the results there guys have put up. Moeaki, Lewis, McCluster, Berry. We are on the verge of an 11 win season and we are hosting a playoff game in two weeks. Not sure what else you could ask for out of 1 draft.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I understand not wanting to pick a safety first pick, but how can anyone argue with the results there guys have put up. Moeaki, Lewis, McCluster, Berry. We are on the verge of an 11 win season and we are hosting a playoff game in two weeks. Not sure what else you could ask for out of 1 draft.

...This!

Our draft has showed up and played some ball! I'm as happy as I can be with them.

I admit I was wwwwwrong about:

1. Cassel.
    2. Berry
    3. McCluster
    4. Arenas
    5. Moeki
    6. Lewis

I thought we should rebuild from the inside out. But I was wwwwrong.
    Pioli and company realized that we had some talent already in place - that they just needed to be coached.
    Pioli and company realized that we were sorely lacking in team speed - and needed to be fixed numero uno.
    Am I glad I was wrong?
    You damn right!!!!
    AFC West champs baby!
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    However, I still don't trust Weigmann to be in the league in another year or two.
    I hope the Chiefs don't either - isn't he like 38 years old?

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    I hope the Chiefs don't either - isn't he like 38 years old?
    Ya he is old but I think the Chiefs will beable to a C in the draft because Rudy already showed us last year that he really doesnt have what it takes to start at C in the NFL

yeah... it was ALL this past year's draft/offseason that got us to the playoffs and has NOTHING to do with the players that were already here who have finally had time to mature, right?

DJ, Bowe, Dorsey, Albert, Charles, Flowers, Carr, Hali, Jackson, Cassell, Edwards, etc...

The "empty cupboard" had ZERO influence on this year's success... I'm sure it was ALL McCluster and his 19 receptions over 10 games for less than 200 yards that put us over the top. Or perhaps it was Arenas and his 42 tkls and ZERO ints. Nope... I found it... it was Moeaki and his 500 receiving yards and 3 TDs combined with Asamoah's ZERO games started.

Hell, we could practically throw away Bowe's 1000+ receiving yards and 15 TDs or Charles' 218 rushing attempts and 1400 production yards.... Dorsey's 60 tkls, DJ's 116 tkls, 1 int, and 4 FF... Flowers' Pro Bowl production with 61 tkls, 2 ints, and 1 FF... probably don't need Cassell and his 3000 yds and 27 TDs and his 98.9 passer rating.

We should just trade them all away the way we did Pollard and his 111tkls and his 3 FF this season... oh wait... that's right... we DIDN'T trade him... he was released... STROKE OF GENIUS. Having Pollard next to Berry would've been SICK!

LOOK, I'm not saying that this past offseason wasn't a good one and didn't contribute to the success of this team. BUT, I think it had a LOT more to do with the coaching these players are finally receiving and the maturity and production of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th year players... oh, and not to mention the Chiefs had one of the easiest schedules in the league. There's a reason 13 teams before the Chiefs have made the leap from last place one season, to first place the next since 2000.... last place teams get the easiest schedules.

Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    yeah... it was ALL this past year's draft/offseason that got us to the playoffs and has NOTHING to do with the players that were already here who have finally had time to mature, right?

DJ, Bowe, Dorsey, Albert, Charles, Flowers, Carr, Hali, Jackson, Cassell, Edwards, etc...

The "empty cupboard" had ZERO influence on this year's success... I'm sure it was ALL McCluster and his 19 receptions over 10 games for less than 200 yards that put us over the top. Or perhaps it was Arenas and his 42 tkls and ZERO ints. Nope... I found it... it was Moeaki and his 500 receiving yards and 3 TDs combined with Asamoah's ZERO games started.

Hell, we could practically throw away Bowe's 1000+ receiving yards and 15 TDs or Charles' 218 rushing attempts and 1400 production yards.... Dorsey's 60 tkls, DJ's 116 tkls, 1 int, and 4 FF... Flowers' Pro Bowl production with 61 tkls, 2 ints, and 1 FF... probably don't need Cassell and his 3000 yds and 27 TDs and his 98.9 passer rating.

We should just trade them all away the way we did Pollard and his 111tkls and his 3 FF this season... oh wait... that's right... we DIDN'T trade him... he was released... STROKE OF GENIUS. Having Pollard next to Berry would've been SICK!

LOOK, I'm not saying that this past offseason wasn't a good one and didn't contribute to the success of this team. BUT, I think it had a LOT more to do with the coaching these players are finally receiving and the maturity and production of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th year players... oh, and not to mention the Chiefs had one of the easiest schedules in the league. There's a reason 13 teams before the Chiefs have made the leap from last place one season, to first place the next since 2000.... last place teams get the easiest schedules.

Get a grip.
    Not to be a downer but there is a ton of truth here.

Get a grip.
    Yeah, all those players you mentioned didnt need any help. I mean look how good they have been the last three years. We had some pretty easy schedules back then too.

I just want to be clear here though. You are saying we didnt have a good draft? I dont think anyone is crediting just the rookies, but they played a pretty active role in getting us where we are. Im not sure what you want out of the draft but if this past one wasnt good enough, then you need to go back to Madden because in real life, it does not get much better than this past year.

I know you are one of the guys who would have a complaint even if we won the SuperBowl so I dont expect that you would give them credit, but to say we did not have a good draft is just ridiculous.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Get a grip.
    Jackson???? I sure hope your not talking about Tyson Jackson because he hasnt done anything accept cashed that 60 million dollar check and has been sitting on the sidelines watch Shaun Smith play his position.

Get a grip.
    another thing... Pollard???? really? let me ask you something you have all those stats about Pollard but where is the stat of how many missed tackles he had? That dude never wanted to wrap up and I think that Pollard wouldn't be the starter it would have been Lewis anyway.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast