Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: To those who talked about how bad our offseason/draft was

Default To those who talked about how bad our offseason/draft was

Anyone care to admit that they were wrong?

I will start. I thought that our draft was ok at best. I was wrong. We had a GREAT Draft. Our rookies are makeing an impact this season and will only get better.Sorry Pioli,Haley and to the Chiefs I was wrong about our draft and couldn't be happier about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalT View Post
    I was wrong.

I thought the Chiefs had drafted a lot of talented players but I did not think they had adequately addressed the problems with the OL.

I think it's still a bit too early too tell for sure but it's obvious that Wiegmann and Lilja are making a huge difference.

I was wrong ... and I'm extremely happy that I was.
    I was definitely wrong about Lilja.

I thought he was a weak run-blocker, due to the lack of run-blocking that he had to do in Indy. And I doubted his pass-blocking ability, as Manning required much less pocket time than other NFL QBs.

But he has definitely been making me eat those words so far.

However, I still don't trust Weigmann to be in the league in another year or two.

And, to this point, Brandon Albert and our NTs have been far better than they were last season.

Again, so far, it seems I was wrong in my judgement of the players we had on-board for those positions.

Anyone eles want to admit they were wrong now? I rember quite a few of people saying that we didn't have a good offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Anyone eles want to admit they were wrong now? I rember quite a few of people saying that we didn't have a good offseason.
    I would like to say I was wrong because I thought we were only going to win 8 games, but i will take 10 or 11 wins

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Nope, because I am a stubborn SOB.

My problem with the off-season was not the players we got, it was the players we did not get.

Face it guys, Waters, Weigman, and Lilja are all a little long in the tooth for this game. We could in theory be right back where we were last season with the Offensive Line if we do not address it. We got lucky this year, but the line is really not that great still.

We will need to address the offensive line in a big way this year.

I also believe we do need to go get a real number one receiver. I thought we would use McCluster as a slot receiver more this year, but we haven't used him like I thought we would. We need a guy that can stretch out the offense. I am not saying McCluster was a bust, but ultimately, he did not have as much of an impact as Moecki, Berry, and even Lewis has.

So no, I am not ready to concede that our draft was all that great. I am looking for this team to be a dynasty for years to come.

Add to that, I don't believe that anyone REALLY believed that the Chiefs would win the division and go to the playoffs. I think we all HOPED and said we believed, but going from worse to first in one season, while not unheard of is very hard to do.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

My problem with the off-season was not the players we got, it was the players we did not get.

Face it guys, Waters, Weigman, and Lilja are all a little long in the tooth for this game. We could in theory be right back where we were last season with the Offensive Line if we do not address it. We got lucky this year, but the line is really not that great still.

I also believe we do need to go get a real number one receiver. I thought we would use McCluster as a slot receiver more this year, but we haven't used him like I thought we would. We need a guy that can stretch out the offense. I am not saying McCluster was a bust, but ultimately, he did not have as much of an impact as Moecki, Berry, and even Lewis has.

So no, I am not ready to concede that our draft was all that great. I am looking for this team to be a dynasty for years to come.

Add to that, I don't believe that anyone REALLY believed that the Chiefs would win the division and go to the playoffs. I think we all HOPED and said we believed, but going from worse to first in one season, while not unheard of is very hard to do.
    Rep'd. I agree with every bit of that about the O-Line. They must address the O-Line this offseason & get a WR opposite Bowe as they will play a much tougher schedule next season.

But I will also point out that the Chiefs will not be where they were in 2009 at the QB position. Cassel has settled in and become a sturdy commander & has much better pocket presence than he did in 2009. Still, it would be in the Chiefs best interest to address the O-Line to keep Cassel upright.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    If I had it to do all over again, I would still have taken Okung in the first.

But there is no arguing that this draft has been working out as well as anyone could have expected.

Moeki's big TD catch today was a better highlight than his entire college career. Vastly exceeding expectations so far.

The biggest offseason pickup, at least at this point, is Romeo Crennel.

He has the same bunch of "sorry scrubs" from the past couple of seasons carrying this team to a 3-0 start.

I was feeling safer with the addition of Weiss than I was with Crennel. But that has not been the case at all, to this point.

As far as the draft, on the whole... Pretty hard to be too judgemental after three games. You draft for players that will be effective over the long haul. Three games isn't the long haul.

But I am absolutely loving those kids right now.

NO WAY ! Eric Berry is showing why he is worth every penny

So the fact that our defensive backfield is looking better and better is not a good thing? I get it we need to address o line. But there is no set order in witch you have to build a team. We did get lucky with our O Line. They might not have been great but they were good. You don't go from 4-12 to divison champions with a bad offseason or even a pretty good offseason.

I did believe the Chiefs would win the division and make the playoffs! I just thought they would do it with a 9 and 7 record. I say we DID have a great off season, hope we can keep all our coaching staff.

Really? People still don't think we had a good draft/offseason? Unbelieveable!! Maybe we could discuss it more during the playoff game!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Really? People still don't think we had a good draft/offseason? Unbelieveable!! Maybe we could discuss it more during the playoff game!!
    I cant believe some people said that they wernt all that high on Eric Berry before the draft. s

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast