Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: To those who talked about how bad our offseason/draft was

Default To those who talked about how bad our offseason/draft was

Anyone care to admit that they were wrong?

I will start. I thought that our draft was ok at best. I was wrong. We had a GREAT Draft. Our rookies are makeing an impact this season and will only get better.Sorry Pioli,Haley and to the Chiefs I was wrong about our draft and couldn't be happier about it.

I loved our draft from day 1. And I've wanted Eric Berry in a Chiefs uniform since his sophomore season at Tennessee.

I will admit I was wrong. When they took McCluster in the 2nd round I was shocked. Today, it looks like a brilliant pick. I guess I am still scarred by Carl's inability.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    You do realize that okung held out and is now injured, right?

You do get that, don't you?
    Yep. Do you get that an NFL career is expected to be longer than three games?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    ugh.... where was this post the last 2 weeks?? We STILL need a NT if we're gonna run a 3-4... PERIOD. That has been my MAIN issue with this past offseason.

I WILL say, however, that our front 7 has outperformed my expectations so far this season. But, again, it's a 16 game season and judgement on ANYTHING, good OR bad should wait till AFTER the season. Now that the talents of these rookies are exposed and how the Chiefs will utilize them, defenses are going to start game-planning for those guys and those little screens and end-arounds aren't going to be WIDE open all year... hell, they were shut down the first 2 games of the year.

The offense AND defense just looked INCREDIBLE against San Francisco. I'm starting to believe in this team. I thought the 49ers game was gonna be a REAL test for this team and they passed it with FLYING colors. I'm a LOT more excited after this game than I was after the SD or Cleveland games. Going into the bye week 4-0 looks like a REAL possibility. That seems unbelievable after the past few seasons.
    I think the verdict is still out on your NT analysis. Ron Edwards has looked like Jesus so far. You are correct on the rush the judgment though. It has only been three games. We will re-visit this a few more times this year I'm sure.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

While I am not unhappy with the draft, I still maintain that there should have been an offensive lineman taken in that draft, one that could start right away.

Our offensive line has played well enough against some mediocre defenses. I still am not seeing the kind of coverage that a Tom Brady gets, or Drew Brees gets and those offensive lines are what is needed.

Aside from our needs on the line, I think the team is doing well. I think we can beat Indy, but that is where the real test for all of these rookies is going to come.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

As far as the Chiefs 2010 draft goes, I liked what they did in the 3rd round with Asamoah and Moeaki and in the 5th round with Lewis and Sheffield.

I would have preferred Okung over Berry, but the Chiefs Tackles ( Albert and Richardson ) have given up only 1 sack/hit on the QB thus far. All the other hits/sacks on Cassel have came up the middle of the O-Line and it won't be long before Asamoah forces his way in there. I was at Arrowhead last Sunday and Berry seemed to settle down and was where he was supposed to be. Berry will get tested by Peyton Manning severely in the next game as well as the rest of the Chiefs secondary.

Didn't like the 2nd round choices of McCluster and Arenas, but they have answered the call of duty & contributed with their kick returning, plus Arenas has done well as nickel corner and McCluster has added an explosive playmaker to the Chiefs offense.

So yes, as matthewschiefs stated, it was a great draft that has helped the Chiefs improve by leaps and bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    As far as the Chiefs 2010 draft goes, I liked what they did in the 3rd round with Asamoah and Moeaki and in the 5th round with Lewis and Sheffield.

I would have preferred Okung over Berry, but the Chiefs Tackles ( Albert and Richardson ) have given up only 1 sack/hit on the QB thus far. All the other hits/sacks on Cassel have came up the middle of the O-Line and it won't be long before Asamoah forces his way in there. I was at Arrowhead last Sunday and Berry seemed to settle down and was where he was supposed to be. Berry will get tested by Peyton Manning severely in the next game as well as the rest of the Chiefs secondary.

Didn't like the 2nd round choices of McCluster and Arenas, but they have answered the call of duty & contributed with their kick returning, plus Arenas has done well as nickel corner and McCluster has added an explosive playmaker to the Chiefs offense.

So yes, as matthewschiefs stated, it was a great draft that has helped the Chiefs improve by leaps and bounds.
    I think that with the way the O line has played this year Cassle has only been sacked twice and one he had a lot of time to throw the ball away has made the pick of Berry over Okung the right move. Not to mention Okung got hurt now would he have got hurt in KC we won't no but might he be a player that has trouble staying of the field is the concern I have with a rookie who gets hurt before game 1. But he still has a long time to prove that he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    While I am not unhappy with the draft, I still maintain that there should have been an offensive lineman taken in that draft, one that could start right away.

Our offensive line has played well enough against some mediocre defenses. I still am not seeing the kind of coverage that a Tom Brady gets, or Drew Brees gets and those offensive lines are what is needed.

Aside from our needs on the line, I think the team is doing well. I think we can beat Indy, but that is where the real test for all of these rookies is going to come.
    We did we drafted Asamoah and he could have started right away and I believe done just as good as either Lilja or Waters we're giving him a year or two to work into the role. Just my thought though.

I'll flat out admit I was wrong about the draft. But then again if I was right I'd be making a six figure salary. And since I find myself getting back to poor on pay day instead of in poverty and destitute I can safely say I don't make six figures.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Tell that to the Cincinatti Bengals, who have watched their prized left tackle never make it onto the field due to injury.

My point is that Okung is in NO WAY a safer bet that berry, and already berry is outperforming him by being in camp and being on the field.

You're literally saying you would rather have an injured holdout than a healthy starter.

Really?

REALLY?!

thank god you don't run the team.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    oh, and by the way...

Cassel was sacked zero times last week. Zero.

But sure, you still think that left tackle thing is super important.

Think about that - you'd draft a left tackle who doesn't make it on the field, and isn't missed?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast