Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: to all you naysayers

Default to all you naysayers

i love to be the one to tell you i told you so.there was so much crap talked about the chiefs and their team.that it feels great to throw a 3-0 record right in there face

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    All I have to mention is the 1995 Raiders when they started 8-2, then blew their last six games..So I do whole heartly agree.. We hav'nt played against an explosive offensive team yet so the evaluation of the secondary is not conclusive. They have done a remarkable job, especially in the tackling department which has been a fundamental thats lacked on Chiefs teams up until recently.
    I'm really happy with what I see from our defense, and it was really nice to see our offense emerge even though it was against a, currently, struggling 49er team.

Nice work on the Faders research but we can just go back to last year when the Donks did the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    All I have to mention is the 1995 Raiders when they started 8-2, then blew their last six games..So I do whole heartly agree.. We hav'nt played against an explosive offensive team yet so the evaluation of the secondary is not conclusive. They have done a remarkable job, especially in the tackling department which has been a fundamental thats lacked on Chiefs teams up until recently.
    And the Donkeys started 6-0 a year ago. It's still to early to be thinking we are a sure bet for the playoffs. But I think we can now say that we are a better team then we were a year ago. And that's all that we can really ask for. To get better every year until we are holding the grand prize at the end of the season.

I will say that the Chargers are a VERY good offense. Now that game was played in a monsoon so that may have made the D look better. But then look at today we held a VERY good runner down. All the signs are pointing to this D being a very good D. The Colts and Texans will be better test for our D one that I hope they can pass.

I don't care what has happened to other teams in the past. I care about whats happening NOW!!!

Chiefs are 3-0 and the rest of the west is 1-2.

I only got to watch part of the game but it looked to me that the better play calling helped the offense out a lot. It didn't "make" Cassell look good, it gave him an "opportunity".
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Yes, I'm keeping cautious optimism. I hate to use a cliche, but I'm really taking it just one game at a time.

Colts are the next obstacle in our way- let's run them over.

And bring back the RED pants for road games!

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Yes, I'm keeping cautious optimism. I hate to use a cliche, but I'm really taking it just one game at a time.

Colts are the next obstacle in our way- let's run them over.

You and I have much in common sir!

The Key to week five against the Colts is getting to Manning early and often.

Yessir- when you get in his face and frustrate Manning, he is VERY mistake-prone. So if we can get to him early and often, maybe our 4th game is Berry's breakout game, eh? A few picks off of Manning would be a nice thing.

And then on the O-side of the ball. Run-run-run-run-run-run

Eat clock and yards.

Yessir- when you get in his face and frustrate Manning, he is VERY mistake-prone. So if we can get to him early and often, maybe our 4th game is Berry's breakout game, eh? A few picks off of Manning would be a nice thing.

And then on the O-side of the ball. Run-run-run-run-run-run

Eat clock and yards.
    A steady diet of Charles, Jones and maybe even McCluster, even though he's listed as a WR, should fit the bill quite nicely.

Heck- throw Castille and Cox at 'em too.

Yes..this...But for Indy we should wear Home Jerseys.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    I don't care what has happened to other teams in the past. I care about whats happening NOW!!!

Chiefs are 3-0 and the rest of the west is 1-2.
    I kind of care about what WILL HAPPEN through THE REST OF THE SEASON too.

The point that was being discussed was that starting out great does not guarantee anything the rest of the way.

And those other teams were brought up to support the claim.

As always, there is more than one way to look at this team.

1.) We are vastly improved and underrated. Our defense is becoming a monster. Our run game as good as it gets. Our passing offense finally got out of that slump they started in. We beat up the divisional bully, Chargers. We beat the tar out of a team that was the popular pick to become a powerhouse, in the 49ers. Etc. etc.

2.) We are a lucky team, who... Took advantage of a Chargers team that is well known for being downright bad at the start of seasons. We beat a poor Browns team...barely. We beat a 49ers team that has looked horrible in two games now and is 0-3. Cassel has played poorly more often than he has played well. The running game is being mismanaged as Jones (4.2 YPC) is getting more opportunities than Charles (7.0 YPC).

And that list goes on and on also.

I certainly don't rule out the second list. Those kind of thoughts are very real possibilities.

Having said that, I still walk a little prouder with my team at 3-0. And I see this team far differently than I have in years.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast