Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: to all you naysayers

Default to all you naysayers

i love to be the one to tell you i told you so.there was so much crap talked about the chiefs and their team.that it feels great to throw a 3-0 record right in there face

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I kind of care about what WILL HAPPEN through THE REST OF THE SEASON too.

The point that was being discussed was that starting out great does not guarantee anything the rest of the way.

And those other teams were brought up to support the claim.

As always, there is more than one way to look at this team.

1.) We are vastly improved and underrated. Our defense is becoming a monster. Our run game as good as it gets. Our passing offense finally got out of that slump they started in. We beat up the divisional bully, Chargers. We beat the tar out of a team that was the popular pick to become a powerhouse, in the 49ers. Etc. etc.

2.) We are a lucky team, who... Took advantage of a Chargers team that is well known for being downright bad at the start of seasons. We beat a poor Browns team...barely. We beat a 49ers team that has looked horrible in two games now and is 0-3. Cassel has played poorly more often than he has played well. The running game is being mismanaged as Jones (4.2 YPC) is getting more opportunities than Charles (7.0 YPC).

And that list goes on and on also.

I certainly don't rule out the second list. Those kind of thoughts are very real possibilities.

Having said that, I still walk a little prouder with my team at 3-0. And I see this team far differently than I have in years.

I think that we have been lucky but even saying that we are getting lucky to win is a step up from where this team has been over the last few seasons. This team is getting better and in the next couple of seasons we won't have to get lucky to win.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Heck- throw Castille and Cox at 'em too.
    Works for me.

I'd say the Chiefs were lucky to win the first 2 games, but against the 49ers -- that was total domination there as the Chiefs played their best game in years.

Its not lucky to win those first two games. Did anyone say we were unlucky in the past three years to be losing games by a FG or TD? No...they said we were bad. This team has found a way to win. That is the biggest difference this year. Good teams find a way to win no matter what, and we have been doing exactly that.

And Chief31...SF just about beat the defending SB Champs on MNF. They werent struggling that badly, they got beat be a better team.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I think it was a bit of both. The Chiefs had a stellar showing; firing on all cylinders in all phases of the game, and I think that the Niners were suffering a bit of a Monday Night let down. The Chiefs deserve credit for the win and the Niners have to take responsibility for the loss.

I don't think that too much should be read into either aspect. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Its not lucky to win those first two games. Did anyone say we were unlucky in the past three years to be losing games by a FG or TD? No...they said we were bad.
    Are you kidding me?

Of course there were plenty of people saying that we were unlucky. And, at times, that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    This team has found a way to win. That is the biggest difference this year. Good teams find a way to win no matter what, and we have been doing exactly that.

And Chief31...SF just about beat the defending SB Champs on MNF. They werent struggling that badly, they got beat be a better team.
    That they did. And I think The 49ers are a far better team than their current record would suggest. That is my opinion of them.

But I dare not neglect to see that there are reasons to be cautious with my optimism.

Now, if we do beat The Colts, and I think that is more than possible, then I may struggle in restraining that optimism.

But, until then, I will continue to look at this team from both sides.

frikin espn has us at game 8 5-3..I dont think so.. I think that 6-2 is a fair statement and would be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    frikin espn has us at game 8 5-3..I dont think so.. I think that 6-2 is a fair statement and would be happy with that.
    Why pay attention to anything they say?

I wouldnt be to surprised if we go quietly undefeated.. not saying we will, but can.

We have a chance to get a win in Indy..Weiss and Romie have two full weeks to prepare for this game, as history shows these two coaches have been Colt killers. Romeo knows how to scheme a defence to get Manning off his rhythm..Their run defence is nothing to write home about. Their secondary is soft and got burned up and down the field by Denver..Sure Cassel might not light them up like Orton did, but I do expect a close game which in reality is all I ask...Keep it close and hope we eek it out..If we lose and as long as it's not a blowout I won't feel bad...After all, this teams is still growing and it is the Colts.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast