Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 18 game season a done deal

Default 18 game season a done deal

Apparently it is a done deal.

"INDIANAPOLIS -- Bill Polian says the 18-game NFL season is a done deal.

During Monday night's weekly radio show, the Indianapolis Colts' president called it a "fait accompli" and said the debate is over. Polian is a member of the league's competition committee and has worked in the league office.

Polian is concerned that getting rid of two preseason games to expand the regular season from 16 to 18 games will cost coaches and team officials opportunities to evaluate rookies. The solution, Polian said, might be hooking up with nearby teams for combined practices or controlled scrimmages.

League owners and the commissioner have expressed support for an expanded regular-season schedule, but they haven't said a decision has been made."

I do want more games in a season because I think it is way too short compared to other sports but records will be too easy to break now.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Yeah, not sure I like an 18 game season.

I'm not a big fan of an 18 game season either. I hate baseball because they play too many games. They have already had to make the last game of the year a divisional game to drum up "interest".

Now you can add another game that teams like Bill Polians Colts will sit there starters before the playoffs because they will be meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    Apparently it is a done deal.

"INDIANAPOLIS -- Bill Polian says the 18-game NFL season is a done deal.

During Monday night's weekly radio show, the Indianapolis Colts' president called it a "fait accompli" and said the debate is over. Polian is a member of the league's competition committee and has worked in the league office.

Polian is concerned that getting rid of two preseason games to expand the regular season from 16 to 18 games will cost coaches and team officials opportunities to evaluate rookies. The solution, Polian said, might be hooking up with nearby teams for combined practices or controlled scrimmages.

League owners and the commissioner have expressed support for an expanded regular-season schedule, but they haven't said a decision has been made."

I do want more games in a season because I think it is way too short compared to other sports but records will be too easy to break now.
    Once we start making the playoffs your wish shall be granted

Just more games for the chiefs to WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope so. 4 preseason games sucks!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Real bad move. I would have to write a very lengthy column to explain all of the reasons why, but all in all, this is a very selfish move by the owners.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

I agree with most sentiments in this thread. Talent pool will be diminished, longer season = more injurys = shorter careers for great players.

16 weeks is perfect. 18 game season sucks donkey balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Tek View Post
    Real bad move. I would have to write a very lengthy column to explain all of the reasons why, but all in all, this is a very selfish move by the owners.
    I agree, the season is long enough for the wear and tear of players, the will most certainly need to increase roster size, the upside of that, means players not cut, and maybe develop threw the season, and will get their chance to make it in the NFL.

Why not increase it to a 35 - 40 game schedule?!? I can't stand the off-season... no football sucks!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast