Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's happening?

Default What's happening?

What's happening? Are we a different team from last year or not!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Digitech View Post
    Hmm, I am not so sure.

Not to be a doubter, but you have to consider that we played a mediocre-bad team at home(San Diego), a terrible team on the road (Cleveland), then a terrible team at home (San Francisco).

Those three times have one win combined.

Actually, looking at the schedule, the Chiefs really only have one game against a proven contender, Indianapolis. The rest are all against bad or mediocre teams. As a result, KC could easily win a lot of games this year.

Just how many depends on whether they really are a different team or not. If they are a 'different team', they will win 10+ games with this schedule.

If not, maybe 6, 7 or 8.
    I don't think that there is any doubt that we are a far better team then a year ago. Yeah we have not beat a clear cut great team yet but from last year we got KILLED by the Chargers twice and we lost to Cleveland. The fact that we beat them says we are better alone. I think this team can get to the playoffs. But I won't start printing playoff tickets just yet.

And welcome to the Chiefscrowd

Hmm, I am not so sure.

Not to be a doubter, but you have to consider that we played a mediocre-bad team at home(San Diego), a terrible team on the road (Cleveland), then a terrible team at home (San Francisco).

Actually, looking at the schedule, the Chiefs really only have one game against a proven contender, Indianapolis. The rest are all against bad or mediocre teams. As a result, KC could easily win a lot of games this year.

Just how many depends on whether they really are a different team or not. If they are a 'different team', they will win 10+ games with this schedule.

If not, maybe 6, 7 or 8.
    Welcome to Chiefs Crowd! :)

That said...I disagree with you. San Diego has not been considered a mediocre bad team, and even at home we were the underdogs. As well, Cleveland has a history for beating the best teams in the NFL, upsetting...they're cold & hot, and no team knows which they'll be "on any given Sunday." Lastly, the same true of Cleveland can be said for the 49er's, of which we were also declared underdogs at home. Many so called experts claimed the 49er's were better than the Saints...which have been a contending team in recent seasons.

There is no such thing as an easy win in the NFL...EVER! You have to go in to each game giving your all, or you're gonna lose...period.

GO CHIEFS!!! Soon to be 4-0!!! We're the Chiefs...our next opponent are horses...we're gonna jump on their backs and ride those ponies bareback to a 4-0 record!! YEEHAW!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Hmm, I am not so sure.

If not, maybe 6, 7 or 8.
    So are you saying that Houston is a mediocre/bad team? We play them at Houston. The same place they beat the Colts. Its hard to say who is bad/mediocre after 3 games. Just like its hard to say how good the Chiefs will be this year after only seeing 3 games.
    One thing I'm very excited about this team is their balance so far. Special teams, defense, and offense all seem to be clicking. That's more than anyone can say about Indy. We'll see if our defense and special teams play are enough to offset their decided advantage at qb.
    I'm going to be at the game with all of my colts fan friends. I'd love nothing more than to rub their face in a KC victory.

Hmm, I am not so sure.

If not, maybe 6, 7 or 8.
    San Diego a mediocre to bad team? REALLY?! I think you need to follow football a bit more closely.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    I also have to say watching the Chiefs here in Germany has also been great. I watched them around 7pm my time through nfl.com game pass. The last years have been tough for me and my son. He is a bit too young to stay up late into the games and the next morning, he would ask me... did they win? I would say no :( But this year, I got the chance to tell him 3 times now , YES! They won!
    Thats really outstanding. Great story from an over seas fan. Great to hear your son is a Chiefs fan already!

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

The more I look at the last game, if we stay consistant, we can beat any team in the league, as long as haley keeps everyone at one game and one play at a time, we very well can go undefeated. Im not saying we are, but we could.

Hmm, I am not so sure.

But two of those teams beat us last year. SD is putting up a ton of points against other teams. SF is not as bad as they are playing right now. You say they have one win, but they have three losses because of the Chiefs

If not, maybe 6, 7 or 8.
    I think .500 ball for the rest of the season is very realistic and that will put us ap around 9 or 10 wins. I know we have an easy schedule, but that is not reason to say we have not improved. Just because we played a bad team does not mean we arent good. We didnt just win against the 49ers. We handed them their as$es. The last time I saw the Chiefs do that was...well Denver at the end of last season!! But these guys are hungery and playing their as$es off right to the end and that has won us two games. Are we SuperBowl contenders? Maybe maybe not yet, but we are well on our way.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I think .500 ball for the rest of the season is very realistic and that will put us ap around 9 or 10 wins. I know we have an easy schedule, but that is not reason to say we have not improved. Just because we played a bad team does not mean we arent good. We didnt just win against the 49ers. We handed them their as. The last time I saw the Chiefs do that was...well Denver at the end of last season!! But these guys are hungery and playing their as off right to the end and that has won us two games. Are we SuperBowl contenders? Maybe maybe not yet, but we are well on our way.
    I don't think that anyone is trying to say that the team has not improved.

I think that many are trying to determine just how much the team has improved. And that being undefeated may be a bit of a misleading impression.

I am not saying that for myself.

Since the offseason hirings of Weiss and Crennel, I have been extremely excited about this team, for this season.

But extremely uncertain about what to expect, or hope for.

And while 3-0, having beaten The Chargers and destroyed The Niners, I am extremely encouraged.

But the small sample that we have seen (Three games isn't a whole lot.) and the inconsistencies that have been present have me needing more information before I am able to make a judgement about how good this team is.

It is no surprise that the extremely optimistic fans are extremely optimistic about our 3-0 start.

But for those who go out of their way to not be specifically optimistic, nor pessemistic, we are going to wonder if this defensive front seven, the same front seven that was pretty bad last season, is really as good as it seems to be at this point. We will wonder if Brandon Albert is for real this time, or if he is just going through another stretch of excellent play, as he has done the past two seasons.

There are plenty of things to be uncertain about. And the more we see of those things, the better our idea of them will be.

But, make no doubt about it, we can't wait to get to The Colts!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChief View Post
    What's happening? Are we a different team from last year or not!!!!
    No better coaching other then a few guys we are the same team it's crazy how good of a job Romeo Crennel has done with our defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    The more I look at the last game, if we stay consistant, we can beat any team in the league, as long as haley keeps everyone at one game and one play at a time, we very well can go undefeated. Im not saying we are, but we could.
    if we win over 7 I'm happy, if we go 8-8 im very happy and if we go to the playoffs I'm going to make a shrine for Haley in my apartment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast