Thread: Yahoo News : Five teams claiming Bills QB Edwards? (Yahoo! Sports)

Default Yahoo News : Five teams claiming Bills QB Edwards? (Yahoo! Sports)

Former Buffalo Bills starting quarterback Trent Edwards may not be wanted in Buffalo, but he seems to be a...

More...

Makes sense for us. Plako hasn't shown anything and having Brodie as the only back up is scary.

Sot eh Chiefs may be interested in him, as a backup? I would think he would be awarded tot he Chiefs as they had the worse record last year.

From the artical "He's been put on waivers and ESPN reports that "at least five teams expect to place a claim on Edwards": the New York Jets, Kansas City Chiefs, Jacksonville Jaguars, Carolina Panthers, and Seattle Seahawks."

Awarding is one thing, paying is another. I am not sure what his contract is, or what his expectations are. He may not sign with the Chiefs if they do claim him.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Awarding is one thing, paying is another. I am not sure what his contract is, or what his expectations are. He may not sign with the Chiefs if they do claim him.
    What's he going to do? Sit out and not get paid this year? I mean, he's Trent Edwards. He doesn't have near enough talent or clout to play those games.

I think it's a good pickup. We need a backup QB. He's the best available. Makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    What's he going to do? Sit out and not get paid this year? I mean, he's Trent Edwards. He doesn't have near enough talent or clout to play those games.

I think it's a good pickup. We need a backup QB. He's the best available. Makes perfect sense.
    We have to pick him up on his current contract at least until he clears waivers. So if the Chiefs do not want to pay his 1.65 million base salary.

Also, the waiver wire was reset today, so all the teams that are currently with a worse record than us get first shot at him.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

NFL network said he was claimed by the Jags.