Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's happening?

Default What's happening?

What's happening? Are we a different team from last year or not!!!!

Yes we are, we are 3-0 and two game lead in the AFC West, last year we were not. We now have believe! The team believes now, that on any game day, they can win. Last season, they did not. Huge difference in attitude when you know you can win, instead of we got to get to winning. That is my take, we have scary talent on this team. For some this is the year they need to make it, lots of new talent making themselves known, that they believe and proving it, so far.

It's great to be an Australian, looking on the nfl.com website and seeing a chiefs win.

I say if we go all the way, we petition the chiefs players to get you and your family here for a superbowl!

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    I say if we go all the way, we petition the chiefs players to get you and your family here for a superbowl!

Haha. YES!!! haha that would good:)

I also have to say watching the Chiefs here in Germany has also been great. I watched them around 7pm my time through nfl.com game pass. The last years have been tough for me and my son. He is a bit too young to stay up late into the games and the next morning, he would ask me... did they win? I would say no :( But this year, I got the chance to tell him 3 times now , YES! They won!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChief View Post
    What's happening? Are we a different team from last year or not!!!!
    Yes it is a different team. Pioli came in to fix this franchise. To get better you have to take a step back and then build from the bottom. Last years team was a cleansing year. The Chiefs got rid of the riff raff, and saw who wanted to play. That includes the coaches. The Chiefs had to gut the building and clean off the foundation.

This year is truly the first year of the rebuilding process. The actual rebuild. Where players and coaches start to build a foundation to build from.

Expecting this team to make the super bowl or the play off is nice, but probably not a very realistic expectation. The play offs more realistic but only because the schedule is so easy. I would rather go into the play offs, knowing we thumped some heads to get there, and have no problems doing it agin. Yes the Chiefs are 3-0 but they very easily could be 3-2 real quick and we will see what this team and fans are truly made off in the next three weeks.

I am excited this team is doing well, I am even more excited about the future after this team matures and develops.

One thing is for sure, I the Haley haters are questioning their own opinions right now. The only argument they can make right now is not giving Charles the ball more and that is really it.

Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    I also have to say watching the Chiefs here in Germany has also been great. I watched them around 7pm my time through nfl.com game pass. The last years have been tough for me and my son. He is a bit too young to stay up late into the games and the next morning, he would ask me... did they win? I would say no :( But this year, I got the chance to tell him 3 times now , YES! They won!
    That is great. Raising a Chiefs fan in Germany. How awesome.

I love that we are 3-0 but don't want a Denver meltdown like last year.

However, if we beat Indy I might just kill myself from sensory overload.
    Resident Ambassador!

We are MUCH better especially with play calling. Fantastic coaches this year.

Off topic:
    Wait, what happened to your old account?
    It starts with the Offensive line

Hmm, I am not so sure.

Not to be a doubter, but you have to consider that we played a mediocre-bad team at home(San Diego), a terrible team on the road (Cleveland), then a terrible team at home (San Francisco).

Those three times have one win combined.

Actually, looking at the schedule, the Chiefs really only have one game against a proven contender, Indianapolis. The rest are all against bad or mediocre teams. As a result, KC could easily win a lot of games this year.

Just how many depends on whether they really are a different team or not. If they are a 'different team', they will win 10+ games with this schedule.

If not, maybe 6, 7 or 8.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast