Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: looking ahead to indy

Default looking ahead to indy

run run run run run run run

and keep peyton manning off the field

my expert opinion

At the start of the season I really didn't think that we had a chance to win this game. But now seeing that Bob Sanders is out with injury yet again and with the way that our D has been playing I think there is a chance that we upset them at home. I think that us going 4-0 can and will happen. As long as we run run run and keep 18 on the sideline. If we do that we win.

This is going to be the toughest game of the year for us. Houston at home the following week a close second in difficulty.

We have to win the time of posesion. If we can get a pass rush going and rattle Manning a few times he seems to unravel at times. Problem with the blitz is that Indy is so good at the short drop off pass that they kill defenses that way.

They will not run on us but our secondary will really be tested. Manning will expose our young seconday and they will need to bring there A game to have a chance at winning this game.

If we don't turn the ball over, manage the clock and win the special teams battle we can win this game.

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post

my expert opinion
    Pretty much.

I don't think Indy's defense is all that great against the run. No reason why the Chiefs shouldn't be able to control the clock and run all over them.

And yes, put pressure on Manning. Gotta blitz him all game. If not, Manning will chew up the secondary.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

X factor for this game - ROMEO

I thought we were going to lose this game before the last game. But now I think we stand a chance. The colts are not as good as they used to be....Manning is the only one keeping them together. He will pick our secondary apart though I'm afraid. At least our safeties. Should be close but the Colts have the edge for sure.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    I thought we were going to lose this game before the last game. But now I think we stand a chance. The colts are not as good as they used to be....Manning is the only one keeping them together. He will pick our secondary apart though I'm afraid. At least our safeties. Should be close but the Colts have the edge for sure.
    I was much the same way when I saw that we played them I put a L there. But now that Bob sanders is not there and there run d is not good we can run the ball and keep there offense off the field.

Hali and Dorsey are going to have to be big factors on the defensive side of the ball. If they get after manning like we got after Smith last week then I think that makes we steal this one from them.

I definitely think we have a shot as well, there doesn't appear to be a team in the NFL right now that is head and shoulders above the rest like last year with the Saints and Colts. I think the X-factor in the game is going to be both the lines. The Colts pass rush is pretty scary, hopefully the line can hold up against them so we have some semblance of a passing attack. The run should be fine.

The dline needs another incredible performance. I don't expect the team to stop Peyton, but if they can contain a pretty underrated running game, it'll up to Peyton to carry them, and in recent history, teams that rely too heavily on the pass without some sort of balance don't fare too well.

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by whatwasthat? View Post

my expert opinion
    That and put pressure on Peyton he has a tendency to fold when he's knocked around. Also Cassel needs to dump the ball quickly freeney and mathis are two of the best in the league and rushing the qb.Hopefully Gilbery and Hali can knock peyton around.

Manning does have a history for having difficulties against a 3-4 defense. And we will need to stop them, or get turnovers, a few times to beat them.

But I, too, am far more optimistic about that game than I was before the season started.

If The Colts struggle to stop running plays at the LOS, as they did against Houston in week 1, then Charles will score very quickly, getting The Colts' offense back on the field.

I don't entirely trust our inside "power" rushing attack yet, to carry the load. So our defense will have to find a way to confuse and frustrate Payton Manning.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast