Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Some moron from another website (I won't mention moron names)

Default Some moron from another website (I won't mention moron names)

The Kansas City Chiefs and the Week 3 Power Rankings
    By Chris Section: Campaign 2007
    Posted on September 18th, 2007

ESPN - #31 (Last week #30)
    After the loss to Chicago, Tony Gonzalez told the media: 'It's not OK to be 0-2. There's no silver lining. It's not clicking. It's not working. Something has to be done. ... I'm at a loss for words right now.' Could've fooled us.
    CBS - #32 (Last week #30) Did anybody think they'd be down at the bottom? They need to go to Brodie Croyle. It has been an ugly start -- but both games were on the road.
    Fox Sports - #30 (Last week #27) Both the Kansas City offense and special teams units struggled in Sunday's 20-10 loss in Chicago. All-pro running back Larry Johnson couldn't get going, running for only 55 yards on 16 carries. Backup Michael Bennett fared no better, compiling 14 yards on seven rushes. Johnson told reporters after the game, "We have to look at the tape and see what we have to do better in the mistakes that I made or the mistakes that anybody made." Devin Hester dominated Kansas City, taking back a punt for 73 yards and a score in the second quarter, and then returning a kick 95 yards for a score in the third. The latter was negated by a holding penalty, but still stung. The Chiefs are 0-2 and do not look good. They take on the 1-1 Vikings on Sunday.
    I honestly wasn't expecting to see the Chiefs at #32 in any of these power rankings. I think thats more a combination of our bad offense and other teams not falling as hard in Week 2 as they will in the coming weeks. For example, the Browns will get a bump because of their 51 point outburst against the Bengals. Count me in as one of the people who thinks the Patriots are the best team in the league. They are by far the most balanced team but I would put the Colts a close second as far as unbeatability. Does this mean I'm picking those two teams to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl? Not just yet but I imagine there won't be much to deter me to from thinking so as the season wears on. Its still only Week 2 so bear with me as I post these power rankings. My rankings are after the jump. Feel free to give us your list of 32 or just the top 5 or bottom 5 or however many you want to list.

RankTeam 1Patriots 2Colts 3Chargers 4Steelers 5Broncos 6Cowboys 7Bears 8Ravens 9Bengals 1049ers 11Seahawks 12Saints 13Lions 14Texans 15Packers 16Eagles 17Titans 18Jets 19Bills 20Rams 21Titans 22Redskins 23Giants 24Buccaneers 25Panthers 26Cardinals 27Chiefs 28Jaguars 29Vikings 30Falcons 31Raiders 32Browns I'll hash out these rankings with you in the comment section. Consider my ranking of the Chiefs above the Vikings as an endorsement of the Chiefs to win next week.

This guy has the Browns at the bottom after that record setting offensive performance...

(Just another reason you can't trust those other fan sites.... sigh...)
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by libranoelrose View Post
    The Kansas City Chiefs and the Week 3 Power Rankings
    By Chris Section: Campaign 2007
    Posted on September 18th, 2007

ESPN - #31 (Last week #30)
    After the loss to Chicago, Tony Gonzalez told the media: 'It's not OK to be 0-2. There's no silver lining. It's not clicking. It's not working. Something has to be done. ... I'm at a loss for words right now.' Could've fooled us.
    CBS - #32 (Last week #30) Did anybody think they'd be down at the bottom? They need to go to Brodie Croyle. It has been an ugly start -- but both games were on the road.
    Fox Sports - #30 (Last week #27) Both the Kansas City offense and special teams units struggled in Sunday's 20-10 loss in Chicago. All-pro running back Larry Johnson couldn't get going, running for only 55 yards on 16 carries. Backup Michael Bennett fared no better, compiling 14 yards on seven rushes. Johnson told reporters after the game, "We have to look at the tape and see what we have to do better in the mistakes that I made or the mistakes that anybody made." Devin Hester dominated Kansas City, taking back a punt for 73 yards and a score in the second quarter, and then returning a kick 95 yards for a score in the third. The latter was negated by a holding penalty, but still stung. The Chiefs are 0-2 and do not look good. They take on the 1-1 Vikings on Sunday.
    I honestly wasn't expecting to see the Chiefs at #32 in any of these power rankings. I think thats more a combination of our bad offense and other teams not falling as hard in Week 2 as they will in the coming weeks. For example, the Browns will get a bump because of their 51 point outburst against the Bengals. Count me in as one of the people who thinks the Patriots are the best team in the league. They are by far the most balanced team but I would put the Colts a close second as far as unbeatability. Does this mean I'm picking those two teams to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl? Not just yet but I imagine there won't be much to deter me to from thinking so as the season wears on. Its still only Week 2 so bear with me as I post these power rankings. My rankings are after the jump. Feel free to give us your list of 32 or just the top 5 or bottom 5 or however many you want to list.

RankTeam 1Patriots 2Colts 3Chargers 4Steelers 5Broncos 6Cowboys 7Bears 8Ravens 9Bengals 1049ers 11Seahawks 12Saints 13Lions 14Texans 15Packers 16Eagles 17Titans 18Jets 19Bills 20Rams 21Titans 22Redskins 23Giants 24Buccaneers 25Panthers 26Cardinals 27Chiefs 28Jaguars 29Vikings 30Falcons 31Raiders 32Browns I'll hash out these rankings with you in the comment section. Consider my ranking of the Chiefs above the Vikings as an endorsement of the Chiefs to win next week.

This guy has the Browns at the bottom after that record setting offensive performance...

(Just another reason you can't trust those other fan sites.... sigh...)

A bigger surprise is that eveyone has the Doncos ranked in their top five. After squeeking out a pair of miracles against a pair of teams that they all have ranked at the bottom of their lists.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    A bigger surprise is that eveyone has the Doncos ranked in their top five. After squeeking out a pair of miracles against a pair of teams that they all have ranked at the bottom of their lists.
    Great point. Donks are overrated. What's new?

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Great point. Donks are overrated. What's new?

I think we have the most comptetive division in all of football (AFC South is up there though) and I think that is why they are alway so overrated. And that also is why we are so underrated. Noone thinks we will be able to sweep the Charges and Broncos so they assume those other teams are just awesome.

It's fuzzy logic that I just can't follow.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

These ranking lists always suck until at least week 6 or 7. I love the idea of the 49ers being top 10, but I think 15-20 is more reasonable. This list like most of the others that are being put out right now are looking at 2 weeks as material evidence. Rightfully they didn't adjust Cleveland too much with their one performance, but to still have the Chargers (I think y'all call them Dolts?!) ranked #3 is laughable with the general ineptitude they've shown on offense. If they're going to move Houston and Detroit into the top half of the league based on 2 performances, San Diego should move down.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Meh!!!

need i not mention the CBS NFL commentators labeled us the biggest losers of the NFL....

ahh we'll see whos the biggest losers. WE'll show them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by anaeelbackwards View Post
    need i not mention the CBS NFL commentators labeled us the biggest losers of the NFL....

When was this? During the game?

Quote Originally Posted by anaeelbackwards View Post

Heh! We sure will; one way or the other. :p

oh no, it was during the PREGAME show with dan marino, shannon sharpe, boomer esiason, etc......

they were talking about the big winners and the big losers of the league. talking about who made big improvements and who did nothing to the team...

both dan and shannon sharpe picked the CHIEFS out of the 32 teams.....

i was like WOW. OH well...like i said earlier.. WE'LL SHOW THEM...

NOW I NEED A BEEEEEEr!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast