Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: touchdown celebrations..

Hybrid View

Default touchdown celebrations..

idk, i just want to get everyones take on it....

i personally like them. idk.... whats the NFL's stand on them? they get fined?

i love the little dances and celebrations... its all apart of the game.

I mean not to go as far as T.O did in dallas, but the little stuff I like it.

i remember the bob n weave, that was cool. i also remember, after every johnnie morton catch, he did "the worm"

T.O tho i have to admit, the sharpie incident, CLASSIC.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by anaeelbackwards View Post
    idk, i just want to get everyones take on it....

i personally like them. idk.... whats the NFL's stand on them? they get fined?

i love the little dances and celebrations... its all apart of the game.

I mean not to go as far as T.O did in dallas, but the little stuff I like it.

i remember the bob n weave, that was cool. i also remember, after every johnnie morton catch, he did "the worm"

T.O tho i have to admit, the sharpie incident, CLASSIC.

I believe that the league is a bit too strict about it. I would allow alot more than what they are. I think they were to quick to outlaw the "props". I think they could have let it go for another year and been a little more prudent in the wording of that rule.

I think Chad Johnson is the best as far as this is concerned. He does it in a way that keeps it light-hearted and fun as opposed to T.O. Johnson's an entertainer thru and thru, even off the field.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I think Chad Johnson is the best as far as this is concerned. He does it in a way that keeps it light-hearted and fun as opposed to T.O. Johnson's an entertainer thru and thru, even off the field.
    I tend to agree, T.O.'s celebrations come off as obnoxious, while Chad's are fun as far as I'm concerned. He seems to be able to laugh at himself. And he doesn't mind taking a beer bath, which is admirable.

I guess the problem becomes where does the NFL draw the line? In the words of David St. Hubbins "It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Be like Barry Sanders....Act like you've been there before. Either that or change the "taunting" rule for the Defense. If someone takes off Chad Johnsons head then let em dance over the body!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Be like Barry Sanders....Act like you've been there before. Either that or change the "taunting" rule for the Defense. If someone takes off Chad Johnsons head then let em dance over the body!!

I agree, however at some point removing the celebrations has taken the spirit and fun out of the game. Some claim that NFL does stand for "No Fun League"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

It got taken away because guys were getting ridiculous. Push it too far and it gets taken away. U can still do a little dance in the end zone, i just got real tired of someone getting a TD and then they pretend to row a boat through a magical fairy land while they spin on their heads with sparklers sticking out of their cleats. I have always wondered y it is only receivers who do it. Most running backs show a little class. The show is the game, if u want to do that sh*t go on "So you think you can dance"
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

The stuff I thought was really cool and has been taken away is the "team" celebrations...(i.e. Atlanta had the "Dirty Bird") I liked the idea of the team celebrating the TD together in the end zone.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    The stuff I thought was really cool and has been taken away is the "team" celebrations...(i.e. Atlanta had the "Dirty Bird") I liked the idea of the team celebrating the TD together in the end zone.
    Agree, speaks of unity.
    The Ozarks is Chiefs Country

I love them when they aren't against the Chiefs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast